Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default What makes Carnival your LINE OF CHOICE?

A poll of sorts for all the Carnival fans... [b]What makes Carnival your line of choice? The entertainment, bars, staff, ships???[b]

Old March 8th, 2003, 02:05 PM
First Mate

Default Re: What makes Carnival your LINE OF CHOICE?

I have been on two Carnival cruises- The Inspiration and just got back from the Holiday. I choose those because both go went out of New Orleans and closer to home.
Old March 8th, 2003, 10:41 PM
MichelleM

We picked our first Carnival cruise for the itenarary and then we have come back because we enjoyed the whole Carnival experience so much. We just came back from #4 and are booked on #5 in September, the Pride after it repositions to the Mexican Riveria.
Old March 9th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Passenger

I like the party atmosphere. I went on Royal Caribbean on the Soverign of the Seas a couple of years ago and the "party" atmosphere was not the same. Carnival definitely has the "funship" atmosphere. I am in my forties and Carnival is my first choice. The music, games and people sitting around on the decks and drinking and having a ball. I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 9th, 2003, 02:41 PM
MOB

I have been on Carnival and Royal Carribean and they are about equal in my opinion.I am more concerned with the route than cruise line and I also like to use the newest ships if possible
Old March 9th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Passenger

When our group consists of only an over 45 bunch, we, sometimes, opt for other cruise lines. However, whenever we have older teens or mid twenty folks in our group - we opt for Carnival. Carnival has something for everyone! I've got 2 upcoming Carnival cruises booked - can't wait!

NCL's STAR - Alaska 6/06/04
Sensation - W. Caribbean 2/21/04
Inspiration - W. Caribbean 6/8/03
Pride - W. Caribbean 6/02
NCL's Sky - Alaska 6/01
Fantasy - Bahamas 6/97
HAL's Zaandam - E. Caribbean 6/00
HAL's Ryndam - Alaska 9/98
Old March 9th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Tactics

It's the party boat! It's just an ultimate time - bottom line. From the staff, food, atmosphere, islands, etc... Being single has it's perks also. You get to meet a lot of nice people to party with.
Old March 9th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Kellyann

Our sixth Carnival cruise is coming up soon (Victory 4/6/03). I think it's the "biggest bang for the buck" that has us coming back. I know there are more "posh" cruise lines out there but I think I might feel uncomfortable if the people were snooty. I consider myself middle class and Carnival entices a good mix of ages, incomes and party levels. The staff have always been exceptionally pleasant, the shows are good, as is the food. The cabins are roomy and kept clean. On a negative note...the drinks shouldn't cost as much and the announcements are too numerous and intrusive.

Also, I have found Carnival corporate to be very responsive and caring when problems are brought to their attention. When I read that folks write complaint letters and they go unanswered, I find that very weird. I will continue to patronize Carnival until they give me several reasons to go elsewhere.
Old March 9th, 2003, 11:02 PM
First Mate

Dancing, karaoke, dancing, fun, dancing ...

Three Carnival cruises, one Royal Caribbean -- could not find dancing on RCI! Even at the Captain's party -- everyone dances at the Carnival Captain's party; no one moved at the RCI Captain's party.

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old March 11th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Passenger

Texas and Louisiana Ports. Able to drive and save airfare since my friend is afraid to fly. We love the "FUN" atmosphere>
Old March 17th, 2003, 01:54 PM
LHP

Carnival is consistant and I like knowing what to expect. I have been on 7 Carnival cruises in the past 3 years and have loved every one. From the staff to the entertainment to the food.....they have always excelled in my book. I love KARAOKE and the Talent Show. My kids love Camp Carnival and I have always been extremely pleased with the care they have received. And let's not forget the price. Carnival definately gives you your cruising dollar's worth!!

It is the little things that mean the most. Mr. Dickinson had a feast awaiting us in our cabin when we arrived. Fruit, cheese, wine, tuxedo strawberries etc. It was more than we could eat....just to say Thank You for your loyalty. They just know how to make you feel special.
Old March 26th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Jamiegunter

We have been on two Carnival Ships, The Paradise and Imagination. We picked them the first time because of bigger cabins than other lines. We really enjoyed everything from the food to entertainment. Carnival is also a little more casual than other lines.
Old March 26th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Doug Gunn

I love carnival because the staff puts up with my harmless flirting. I have a favorite staff person on every Carnival ship that I have sailed. By the way whats the rules on staff dating the patrons while cruising.