Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Passenger

Default Inspiration pool depth??

Hi, I will be going on the Inspiration next month with my 7 year old daughter. i was wondering what the depths of the pools are on the Inspiration is. Also are inflattable safety devices allowed in the pool. DO they allow ones brought in form home? Also the water slide, does it exit out into a deep pool, or is it something a child can do. Do you fall into a deep pool at the en of the slide. my 7 year old can swim, but at that age am still concerned about depths of pools and slide exit. Any information would be appreciated..
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2003, 06:06 PM
mkgcars

Default Re: Inspiration pool depth??

Hi,

The slide does let off at the deep end of the pool on the Inspiration (and all of the Fantasy class ships).

As I recall the pool depth is 5" at the deep end and 4" at the shallower end.

The deep end is roped off when the slide is opened and the attendant is sure that each person is safely out of the way before another is allowed down the slide. The slide does let off within 4 feet of a later, so if she can swim at all she shouldn't really have a problem - I've seen many small tyke's slowly dog paddle over to that later.

-matt

PS:
The Destiny class ships and the Spirit class ships have slides which end in a straight section of the slide which has water about a foot+ deep.
Old March 14th, 2003, 06:08 PM
mkgcars

Default Re: Re: Inspiration pool depth??

Also:
The pool at the stern is smaller and shallower - but it doesn't have a slide.
There is a kiddy pool, but she may feel a bit big for it.

Your own floatation devices can be used.

mg
Old March 16th, 2003, 08:11 PM
NHLady

Default Re: Inspiration pool depth??

We were onthe Fascination last week and the slide ends very near a ladder as well. Some attendants were pretty strict about the height requirement to use the slide which is 46 or 48". I think there were a few that squeeked by so as long as your daughter is close, there should be no problems.