Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Beginner

Default Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau

I was interested in excursions from Nassau. I know one of the excursions offered from the trip is to the Blue Lagoon. However, I was doing some searching on my own and found snorkeling offered at Stingray City in the Blue Lagoon for $25. Is it possible to book this on my own and not the ship? Is it cheaper that way? Also, has anyone gone to Stingray City on the Blue lagoon? Can you see the Stingray's by just snorkeling or do you need to scuba dive to get up close?

Also, any other excursion suggestions would be great!

Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau

If you have access to a fax.....Call Carnival CS and they will fax all the excusions offered for your specific cruise free of charge. Keep in mind that not every ship offers the same excursions for every itinary. Good cruising!!!!! We have done both (Stingray City and Blue Lagoon) both are great but lean more toward SRC.

Old March 10th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Passenger

Red,
We have done the Blue Logoon in the Bahamas. We swam with the dolphins. My daughter had a blast!!! This was two years ago. Last month we did Stingray City in Grand Cayman and it was great also!!! We went on captainmarvins.com. Smaller boat and more personal service!!! We snorkeled at one place before thay take you to SC and one after!!!! It was excelent!!! From your post I don't know if there is another SC in the Bahamas or your talking about the one we went to in the Bahamas?
Old March 10th, 2003, 09:14 PM
sunhoney64

Default Re: Re: Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau

did your daughter swim with the dolphins or just do the encounter? we are trying to decide which one to do.
Old March 11th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau

Just the encounter, she was 6 or 7 at the time, but it was fantastic!!!!
Old March 11th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Passenger

We did the Blue Lagoon stingray tour. It's not like the Caymans, they are in a fenced in area, and there are not many of them. The people that did the dolphin tour had a good time. Hope this helps.