Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2003, 01:01 PM
SPIKE

Default MIAMI/FLL PRE CRUISE HOTEL & TRANS

I'M LOOKING FOR ECONOMICAL SUGESTIONS FOR PRE-CRUISE HOTELS( 3 STAR+) IN EITHER MIA OR FLL. OUR PARTY OF NINE WILL BE FLYING INTO WHICHEVER AIRPORT HAS A GOOD FARE. THE CRUISE LEAVES OUT OF MIAMI. ALSO RECOMMENDATIONS TO TRANSPORT THIS GROUP. A TAXI IS TOO SMALL WITH ALL THE LUGGAGE.
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2003, 06:28 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: MIAMI/FLL PRE CRUISE HOTEL & TRANS

Check out www.floridalimo.com if you end up flying into FLL. We used them and the service was great and fast. With a larger group like you have you would have the option of just taking 2 towncars (hold up to 5 for the same flat rate) or making a reservation for an airport style van to get you.

For your hotel I would suggest priceline. We bid on a 3 star hotel in downtown Miami and got the Hyatt Regency, our bid was $45 but I have seen people get bids accepted as low as $27. The Hyatt is very nice and just across the street from the Sheraton where Carnival does their pre check-in the morning of the cruise. I estimate the pre check-in saved us at least an hour in line once reaching the port.

And just take a cab, or 2 to the port. It only costs about $10 for the cab, hopefully you can get one of the vans and squish.
Old March 11th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Passenger

I also did priceline.com and got the Sheraton Biscayne Bay for $40/nt. We are staying here for 3 nights prior to our cruise departure. As stated in a previous post this is Carnival has pre check-in the morning of the cruise. I have heard that this will save a lot of time. If you are unfamiliar w/priceline go to biddingfortravel.com. I found this to be so helpful.
Old March 12th, 2003, 09:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

I also got the Hyatt (3*) for $27 for March 23 for the night before our cruise. Read up on the www.biddingfortravel.com website to know what to bid.

Jenni
Old March 12th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Beginner

I went through priceline to get a room 12/23/03 - 12/25/03 in miami and could not get the Hyatt like everyone else seems tobe getting but I was able to get the sheraton for $40

Bob

Post Edited (03-12-03 13:20)