Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2003, 09:42 AM
First Mate

Default Is enbarkation a nightmare on Carnival ships?

I have read some reviews that enbarkation is nightmare on Carnival, I sure hope not, we should arrive in Miami at 11 am, so maybe we will be ok. What do you all think?
Mary Margaret
Victory March 30!!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Is enbarkation a nightmare on Carnival ships?

Compared to Princess and Celebrity, Carnival has a long way to go in streamlining the embarkation process. It is line after line and then sit and wait and then more lines.....we arrived at the port at 10:45 and were not onboard til almost 1:00...Carnival does not offer express check in, on line filling out of documents and credit card for your sign and sail card, immigration forms, pre-reservation of shore excursions (on line).

Old March 15th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Carnival embarkation in Ft Lauderdale can be pretty ugly. I think because they're pretty new to that pier.
However, the process for boarding their ships in Miami is much smoother! You shouldn't have any problems there..... unless for some reason the prior debarkation is delayed by immigration

Old March 15th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Beginner

We are leaving on Sunday, March 23 on the Inspiration. Our flight was booked through our TA, they chartered a flight, and we don't arrive to Tampa until 2:25..is this going to be a big problem?
Old March 16th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Is enbarkation a nightmare on Carnival ships?

what about boarding at canadian pier in vancouver. can anyone shed some light on that embarkation process?? i hope it is not too bad.
Old March 16th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Admiral

In Miami it's not too bad. I thought Port Canaveral was the best with LA being the worst.
I've been to Miami twice with Carnival and the 2nd time was much better. That was 2 years ago with the prior one back in '97. So seems like they have improved the process.
Old March 16th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

How about New York City? There had been many sailings there and wondered what others had to experienced.

David.............
Old March 16th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Carol Pullen

Default Re: Re: Is enbarkation a nightmare on Carnival ships?

Can the TA offer some help with the embarcation process. This will be the 3rd cruise as a family and although my husband and I have gone through the Carnival check in process, my elderly parents have only experienced Princess, which was a piece of cake. I know it would be exhausting for my mother to have to stand in lines.

We will be flying to Hawaii and then disembark in Ensenada, which I hear is not the easiest transition to make.

Anything we can do ahead of time to make it smoother for my folks?

Carol
Old March 16th, 2003, 02:06 PM
ROSEMARIE

Don't sweat the small stuff! Any way you look at the best or worst situation there is a time line involved . you will not be boarded until 1:30 it takes according to my experience with carnival about 45 min. it goes fast talking to others and theres about 10 rep. processing passengers paper work. be prepared to wait the standard waitng time and start to enjoy your vacation then.