Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Passenger

Default blow dryers?

are there blow dryers in cabins on the Spirit? Just one less thing to bring if so.
What other things are there? If I can pack any lighter that would be nice?

Dani
Sponsored Links
Old March 17th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: blow dryers?

If it's like it was on the Elation. You had to obtain a blow dryer from the purser's desk and it was a $10 deposit which you got when you returned the dryer. However the dryers are probably not as good as yours, power wise. I have short thin hair and it was ok but for longer thick hair you may want to bring your own.
Old March 17th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Passenger

The Dryers in the room on the ship have about as much power as a fan! You would be better off standing at the back of the ship and let the wind dry your hair! Bring your own dryer if you have hair thicker then a babies!

Kay

Old March 18th, 2003, 09:25 PM
clay b

We just returned today from the Legend cruise to Belize, Costa Rica and Panama. Beautiful ship, sister to the Pride and Spirit. There was a hair dryer mounted in the drawer at the vanity. My hair is pretty thin and it worked okay, but if you have thick hair, I suggest bringing your own.

Happy sailing!!!

Clay B
Old March 21st, 2003, 02:37 PM
Krazy Baker

We just got back from a Carnival Victory Cruise on March 9th and I can't stress enough to take your own blow dryer. They have a wall mounted box on the wall with a tube coming out that's alot like the old bonnet type hair dryers used to have. On the end of the tube is a handle with a diffuser on the end for the air to come out. That handle gets so hot I had to use a wash cloth to hold it. My hair is long but 45 minutes of drying is 35 minutes I could have spent enjoying myself on deck.

Have a great cruise!

Kat
Old March 21st, 2003, 09:11 PM
First Mate

I was on the Spirit last March and yes - there was a blow dryer in the cabin. It was in the drawer (wired in) in the desk that I ended up setting up as my vanity area. I was in a balcony cabin on the Panorama deck but I am going to make the assumption that there are blow dryers in the drawers of these desks in all the cabins.

I thought the hair dryer was pretty weak. I have long thick hair and I did use it a couple of times just to try it out, but it frustrated me- so I ended up using the one I brought with me from home.

Also - in the shower there were dispensers on the shower wall with shampoo and conditioner. I didn't think they were bad, I just prefer my own special brands. If you aren't picky about your shampoo or conditioner, they keep those dispensers filled up.

As far as packing light, I'm the wrong person to be posting to this thread. ()
I bring everything with me including a power strip (which really comes in handy!) and bungee cords to keep the balcony doors opened, as they slam shut and don't stay opened on their own.

Enjoy your trip! I loved the Spirit!

Deja

booking soon - 10th anniversary cruise in August....