Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Dorothy Fritz

Default Five to a Cabin on Imagination

Is this an impossibility that there will be four adults and one teenager in an inside cabin on the Carnival Imagination? I've never sailed Carnival before, always RCI, and there have never been more than four to a cabin. What are the rooms like and the sleeping arrangements that make this a possibility.

Also, can you book shore excursions online for the Imagination? I can't find out anything about prices of excursions on the Carnival Website? What about pre-boarding documents to save time later?
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Stacey419

Default Re: Five to a Cabin on Imagination

Whether or not you can fit 5 to a cabin, I would suggest booking 2 cabins. 5 is a major squeeze, particularly for shower times. If anything, you would need a large suite or a cabin that would include 2 uppers/2 lowers & a rollaway cot--just thinking of that makes me claustrophobic.

As for documents--I sailed the Fascination in December and a few weeks prior to my trip, I received my documents from my online agent. There are several forms you can fill out ahead of time; when you get to the pier, before lining up (depending on how early you arrive), there is an embarkation form that you can fill out.
Old March 19th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Beginner

Yes you can fit 5 passengers in a cabin, like stacey said, its 2 uppers and 2 lowers plus a rollaway cot. Usually it is a lot easier to have 2 cabins, a triple and a double. You`d have more room. But it is less expensive if you put all 5 passengers in the same cabin. Usually the 3-4-5 passenger is cheaper in rate then if you put them in a double/Triple.

Old March 20th, 2003, 04:31 PM
MichelleM

There is not much room to manuever around once the rollaway is opened up. People in our group had 2 people in a room without a pulldown, just a rollaway and it was really hard to even get to the bathroom.

If you do decide to put 5 in a cabin I would suggest that you send at least half the crew up to the spa to shower before dinner to save your sanity. Lots of families send the boys up to the spa to get ready and the girls get ready in the room.

You can't pre-book excursions online with Carnival. You can only do it once you get on the ship. There is a form in the room to fill out with your 1st and 2nd choice excursions and then you drop it in a box outside the shore excursion desk. It is first come first serve so that is something we do right away. I don't think your ship has FunVision, interactive tv, otherwise you order the excursions with your remote control in your room.

If you want the price list for the excursions e-mail Carnival from their website (the contact us link on the bottom of the page) and ask them for a listing of excursions for your sailing (give date and ship) and the prices. They generally get back to you within 48 hours with the list and prices. Make sure to print it on draft mode because it generally is about 25 pages long.
Old March 20th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Other than getting up and then ready for dinner you aren't going to all be in the cabin at the same time. We had 4 in a cabin so what's one more? As one poster said the rates for our 3rd & 4th were sooooo cheap there was no way we could get a 2nd cabin that cheap. Now if the rates are not much different then by all means get the 2nd cabin.
Old March 20th, 2003, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Five people in an 185 sq. foot cabin? I would go crazy!!! Go for two cabins!

Also, Carnival does not offer on line registration, on line reservation of shore excursions, they do not let you know the price of excursions on line prior to the cruise......they do have a way to go to catch up to other lines in this regard.