Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Television and War Broadcast

Will the televisions on the cruise ship be able to broadcast the news? With our ship leaving March 24 and war due to break out at any minute I really would like to be able to keep up with the news.
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Television and War Broadcast

Some Carnival ships do have satelite broadcast capabilities for CNN. There is usually a daily newsletter produced and available in the lobby in many languages each morning.
Old March 19th, 2003, 03:26 PM
MichelleM

On our last Carnival cruise on the Paradise, about 2.5 weeks ago, we always had NBC, CBS and ABC. There was also one random cable station, TBS, Discovery channel or something else. There was the carnival news channel, background music with typed news.
Our cousins were cruising during 9/11 in the meditteranan and they were given 24 hour CNN in all the cabins even though that wasn't the norm. The captain thought it would be best.
You will have more then enough news coverage to keep you informed on your vacation. I believe we had Nashville and New York affliates for the networks.
Old March 21st, 2003, 09:30 PM
First Mate

We were on a Carnival cruise last March and the one channel that I remember broadcasting news was from a Nashville network affiliate station. We went on a Southern Carib itinerary so I don't know if it makes a difference .

Since there is a definate situation occuring that does affect us, I imagine there will be up to date news coverage available.

Enjoy your cruise!!! Calm Seas and Sunny Skies!

Deja

booking soon - 10th anniversary cruise in August....