Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Collina

Default Anyone Use BuyCruises.com?

Just got a quote from BuyCruises.com that is $200 cheaper than anyone else. Are they reliable? Did you have any problems with them? How is there insurance? They quoted us $125 for our family of 4...

Thanks! Collina
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Anyone Use BuyCruises.com?

We have used buycruises.com for for our last cruise and they were great! We even ended up saving more money than the original quote and we were upgraded. It was our honeymoon cruise and they got us signed up for the special "honeymoon" cocktail party and a cake at dinner one night. We have already booked our third cruise in May with them and I will never use another company.
Old March 20th, 2003, 08:37 AM
MichelleM

About the only bad thing I have heard about them is that they book people at the senior rate even though they are not seniors which can cause strife with Carnival. Otherwise they do have great prices. Our TA gets pretty close to their prices so we just stick with her.
Old March 20th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I've used 'em at least 3 times -- never a problem.

Harry
Old March 20th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Always purchase 3rd. party travel insurance; If buycruises sells " Travelguard, Travelsafe, Access America, etc. then just do a rate and policy rules comparison on line at insuremytrip.com. This is a great site to compare before you buy. Ask the on-line agent who is the Underwriter or What Insurance company do they use. Do not buy the cruise lines' insurance. Price sounds good, but I am not in the insurance business. Proper coverage is very important to you especially today.
Old March 23rd, 2003, 11:38 AM
Beginner

I was booked at a senior rate by buycruises and had no idea they had done this. My invoice from buycruises had birthdates correct ,but when asking carnival for upgrade for a price reduction Carnival said my paperwork from buycruises to them had me 10yrs older !
This could could have been a very serious problem if I had not found out before cruise , as my ID would have had a different birthdate than my cruise docs! From reading these boards this seems to be happening more and more, so I don't think it was just copied down wrong .(this is what buycruises told me!) I hope this helps you . I wish I had read something about this before I used them. I have read of some with positive responses about them also, so if you decide to use them please check with carnival and make sure they don't do this to you, Sherry
Old March 24th, 2003, 02:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Anyone Use BuyCruises.com?

I am currently booked with buycruises but at the moment, we are not very happy with the level of service we are receiving. They booked us as seniors by mistake and made Carnival Rep mad so now we probalbly won't get upgraded. It's a shame when you pay someone to do their job and their mistakes end up costing the customer. We have talked to numerous people there, never getting the same answer from any two people. Good Luck!