Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Mark M

Default Triumph..what's up with the topless deck?

It's been suggested that you can get a deck chair pretty easily on the topless deck of the Triumph and it's actually cooler up there. What are the rules for the "topless" deck. Is it a female only thing? Obviously guys don't care about going topless lol. My girl probably wouldn't be too keen on going topless but if we can get a couple chairs up there I'm all for it.
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2003, 02:35 PM
DonnaAldred

Default Re: Triumph..what's up with the topless deck?

If the ship is booked to capacity, good luck getting a chair on sea days. Doesn't matter what deck you look on... See my post on your previous question posted...
Old March 25th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Tactics

Rules for topless are no cameras or camcorders allowed what-so-ever.
Old March 26th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Admiral

And you don't have to be topless. Even when the other decks are full you may have more luck at topless. Whenever we were on Carnival I think only one time there were a couple gals topless otherwise it was mainly the folks trying to get away from the crowd and sit in a chair.
Old March 26th, 2003, 09:39 AM
mommabee

Default Re: Re: Triumph..what's up with the topless deck?

is there a topless deck on all ships? Im going on the Fascination. The last cruise I went on, I hated that we couldn't find a deck chair. It was such a hassle. My husband would love going to the topless deck, and as for me, I wouln't care as long as I got a seat.
Old March 26th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Mommabee,
Yes, all the CCL ships have a topless area and they are much less crowded than around the pool. Many ladies do go sans top but nude sunbathing is prohibited. It is an adult area and kids, cameras etc are not allowed. You will also get the occasional immature individual that goes up there to gawk but the glares from the ladies and thier boyfriends/husbands usually makes them more on. My wife and I have gone there to get away from the crowds a number of times and read and she definately will not remove her top. <G> As you travel more and more you will find that it is basically just an American/British hang-up thing and no big deal and common.
Jim

Old March 27th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Christi

Default Re: Re: Triumph..what's up with the topless deck?

Jim, so the topless deck is just a "deck"...no pool? No where even to get a quick spritz of water on the bod?? I'm on the 911 cruise/Conquest in Sept. and I dread dealing with what I've been reading about....fighting over deck chairs around the pool. I would just rather go where there are mature adults who don't fight over chairs. Will they serve drinks up there also on the topless deck? Are there ANY pools that are maybe less crowded or popular?

Christi Q.
Old March 27th, 2003, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Triumph..what's up with the topless deck?

Hi Christi,
Yup, no pool on the topless deck, just loungers. Take a squirt bottle up there with you or one of those pressurized misters. We have one and filled with cold water I am the most popular guy around. <VBG> There are the occasional bar waiter that appears on the topless deck and on days at sea when there are a number of folks up there you will see them come by fairly often. As for a pool that is less crowded, well the Sky Pool
all the way aft is less crowded but there are still a number of folks there usually.
Jim

Old March 27th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Christi, there are several pools and you will find that everyone gravitates to the main pool because that's where the bars are and live music. The other pools are not nearly as crowded. I don't know if they bring drinks to the topless deck. As far as water on the bod, I usually take a cup/bottle of water or spritzer and spray myself when I am not near a pool. It's sad to have to resort to that because people don't know how to behave. We always had some problems but it seemed like the Triumph was the worst with the lack of chairs and saving them.
Old March 28th, 2003, 10:22 AM
MichelleM

No cameras and no one under 16 is allowed on the deck. Yes there is one on the Fascination, it is the deck around the smokestack.
Most of the time there aren't any topless ladies up there. My husband claims to have seen the dancers from the show up there but I wasn't there I don't know. The only topless ladies I have seen up there were about 70 years old and looked like they had worshipped the sun all their life. Made me want to put more sunscreen on so my skin didn't look like that when I got older.