Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Yeoman

Default Early booking discount or wait for bargains?

We would like to take our daughter and her family on a cruise for her combination Christmas and Birthday present. I posted on Bargain Finder and, so far, the quotes I've received are a little more than we were hoping we could get. We think we want to be mid ship since that is where DH and I always try to get. Should we book now with the best price we can get using the early booking discount or wait and hope that there will be some specials closer to time? We can drive to New Orleans, so airline schedules would not be a problem. We do have sufficient frequent flyer miles to use if we left from some other port, but would there be frequent flyer seats available if we wait until closer to time to book?

One other question. I noticed that Carnival has family suites but they and all other suites seem to be at the rear of the ship. Isn't that supposed to be less comfortable than mid ship?

Thank you ahead of time for all the advice you always give!
Linda
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Early booking discount or wait for bargains?

I usually book close to the sailing date. This time I booked 4 months in advance and
the rates have gone down drastically as my 4-20 sailing date gets closer. Some people
this 4 months is not a long time in advance. From now on I will no longer book more than two months in advance.

Steve
Old March 26th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Linda,
If you really want a certain cabin mid-ship, I'd book now. Usually holiday sailings are not discounted much, but you can also have your travel agent keep an eye out for price drops in the future. We recently had an aft balcony cabin and we loved it, did not notice any more movement than in the middle and the balcony was bigger. At least you don't need to worry about airline schedules, thats a big plus.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 26th, 2003, 11:09 AM
DonnaAldred

Default Re: Re: Early booking discount or wait for bargains?

I would agree and say if you have a specific cabin you are looking for - book now. Also, if you are looking for a family suite, does that mean you will have more than 4 in your cabin? Book now as well if that is the case. Sometimes the rooms that accommodate the larger parties book sooner than later.

Heck, we booked our Feb. 2003 cruise last March, and before this week is through - we will have our Feb. 2004 cruise booked!
Old March 26th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Admiral

If you are wanting to sail during a holiday you need to book early, especially if you want your choice of cabins. Not many bargains to be had over the holidays and expect the prices of cruises to start going back up very soon. As for the location of the suites, the main suites are indeed located in the center of the ship.
Jim