Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2003, 03:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Triumph first time cruiser

We are going on a family reunion. Everyone that is going except I, have never been on a cruise before. I have made all the arrangements and pretty much made most of the decisions. I don`t know how to approach them they are so excited and I don`t want them to be let down once they arrive. We are going on a 7 day western carribean cruise on the Triumph. We all have outside cabins. I love cruising and have been fortunate to go on several different lines. I know the differences... They on the other hand are expecting perfection I don`t want to be negative but I also don`t want them to go on this cruise with such high expectations. I have been writing quartely newletter with reminders on the different deposit dates and some fun facts. They all get a a kick from them and love receiving them in the mail. This is the last news letter for the final deposit should I write something there to bring them down a notch or should I leave them on a high. I really want them all (35people) to have a wonderful time any suggestions. I would appreciate every ones opinion. Thanks....
P.s. Can someone tell me when spring will final arrive. You guys seem to know it all ajajaja. It`s actually snowing up here in Montreal today.
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2003, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Triumph first time cruiser

Sunshine, why oh why would you want to bring them down? I am getting mixed feelings about your post as if you are expecting a terrible time. For the most part until someone cruises you will either love it or not. Let your family make their own decision. Triumph is a great ship and if you have a problem with Carnival, I have been on 4 CCL cruises and Triumph was our favorite. So just give your family the helpful hints that a past cruiser knows and let them decide. But I would never give them something to bring them down, they will be able to do that themselves. I tried to get a family reunion on a 3 day cruise but everyone backed out. They were all 1st time cruisers while we were experienced so I gave them all the necessary info and hints.

BTW, spring has arrived here in Charlotte NC.
Old April 2nd, 2003, 04:33 PM
Tactics

Default Re: Re: Triumph first time cruiser

I agree with nush.. Let them enjoy it. Don't worry... if you've had a great time on your cruises then explain that to them. If there looking for 'perfection' then they will be looking for a let down. I think they'll have a blast unless a major issue presents itself like bad weather or someone gets sick, etc... other that that I'll bet they will love it. I totally loved my 1st cruise on CCL that's why I'm up to my 4th now. :-)

4/13/03 Carnival Victory!

Carnival Imagination 4/20/96
Carnival Destiny 4/20/97
Carnival Triumph 4/20/02
Carnival Victory 4/13/03 (upcoming)