Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2003, 08:29 AM
tjkatie

Default Formal Night on Sensation

Hi Everyone. I am new to these boards....even though I have been getting some real good information. Me and my three sisters are planning a Carnival Cruise for January 2004. Just wondering if anyone has any info on Sensation....We are planning on the four day cruise with two days at sea and one stop in Cozumel.

-What night is the formal night?
-We plan on booking Cat. 12 - roomy enough?
-Is there enough to do on days at sea?
-How is the food?
-If we book with Carnival - do they help if price goes down between now and then?
-Any other info would be great!

Thanks in advance for any info!! We have all cruised before, but never on Carnival!
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Formal Night on Sensation

I was just on Sensation in February. For me, it was more than a first cruise--it was an affair with a ship. I envy all of her future passengers. Now to answer some of your questions.

1. Formal night is the night of your first Sea Day--the day after you leave port.
2. My only experience with category 12 was a quick glance in as I passed. It looked quite large.
3. You can do as much or as little as you like during days at sea. Try a little of everything or a lot of nothing, as you prefer.
4. The food is great, whether in the restaurant, the Seaview, or the pool grill. The hotdogs at the pool grill tasted kosher. The pizza in the Seaview grill is fantastic, even the exotic sounding combinations.
5. Don't know about price variations. We booked a group guarantee. Sorry about that.
6. You'll get plenty of "any other info" right from this website. However, the best bars are Michelangelo's Lounge--Prudes beware, naked statues--and Touch of Class. Try Karaoke in a classical setting at the former, sing along and heckle the piano player at the latter.

The ship and her facilities are there. If you fail to find the entertainment you like, it won't be the fault of the crew or the cruise line.

Steve

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)
Old April 7th, 2003, 06:30 AM
bob h

We will be in Cat 12 end of May and I will give you comments on it.... I have heard that the Sensation is going into drydocks sometime in Dec., so what I get may be very different from what will be on the ship in Jan of 2004. It should be completely renovated, but the room size should stay the same.

Down under 50 days!!! til we go on the Sensation.

Bob
Old April 7th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Mary Lynn

We just got back from a 5 day sensational cruise 4/5/03.
First sea day was formal night. Go to the Captains party before dinner.

Cat 12 it's great. Very roomy. Met some folks that were in a Cat 11 and they flipped out when they came down to our room.

I was busy all the time. They always have something going on. Or you can lay around at the pool and do nothing.

The food was all good. The pizza was great I haven't had pizza so good in a long time. The hamburgers are really good to.

Booking with Carnival : That's what I did. Although my PVP told me I would get any lower price this didn't happen. I found a couple times a small difference ( total 150.00 for 3 poeple) one time and assumed I would be adjusted because he said he would adjust. No such luck. When I made final payment the fare was higher and he told me that cat12 don't usually go down. After stewing about this a couple days I tried to talk with a supervisor. Took a couple weeks but finally got one. She was very informative and told me some pvp's keep checking prices for their clients but it's best for me to call whenever I see a lower price. Carnival will meet any price as long as we were comparing the same thing.( port charges etc.) According to some of the crew on the ship the 4 and 5 day cruises sell out more often than the longer cruises. I would think this would acount for more price drops for the longer ones. The cruise I took kept going up in price.

I'm trying to write a review now but don't know when I'll have time to finish it. E-mail me with any questions you might have and I will try to answer them.
Old April 8th, 2003, 07:52 AM
bob h

Thanks for the comments.... We will be going May 26th in a Cat 12, so we plan on having some fun also!!!

Bob