Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Bobby

Default decor on Fantasy

I have heard that the Carnival Fantasy is a very old ship and I was wondering if someone could tell me about the upkeep and decor of the ship. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: decor on Fantasy

Depends on what you call old. The Fantasy is 11 years old and ships are built with a life expectancy of 20 to 25 years of front line use and up to 50 years of regular use. The Fantasy was the first of her class of 'mega-ships' for Carnival Cruise Lines and is quite 'loud' in decor to keep with the theme of being a "Fun Ship". These ships consistantly undergo repairs and upkeep and about every 3 or 4 years they have a major overhaul so they are maintained in very good shape.
Jim

Old April 10th, 2003, 09:35 AM
L Galloway

Hey bobby,
You can go to www.mytravelco.com or either www.mytravel.com and see 360 degree views of all the common areas on the ship. i have also gone to google and put in a search for "carnival fantasy pics" "carnival fantasy pictures" etc... and tried to find homepages for folks who have been on the cruise and posted their photos. when are you sailing? My husband and children are sailing on Fantasy June 1.
Old April 13th, 2003, 08:42 PM
LHP

Just got off the Fantasy in March. She has some signs of wear and tear. But nothing that bothered me. The two biggest things I saw were what looked like some water stains in the hallway on the Empress Deck and a crack in one of the glass elevator windows. I haven't found a problem in any decor that a couple of Miami Vices couldn't fix!

Just remember you are dealing with less than gentle folks on these cruises. I just got off the Conquest in January and this ship was only a couple of months old. There were already Eiffel Tower ornaments on the corner of the seats in the formal dining room that had been broken off.

Sometimes, you have to wonder where these people misplace their common sense and decent behavior when they board a cruise ship. They act like destroying property is part of the cruise. How sad.
Old April 14th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Beginner

I just got back from a cruise on the Fantasy April 3rd and the ship was beautiful. There were a few area's where I saw paint chipping or a water stain or two. However, as a whole, the ship was still in great shape. If you let little things like that bother you on a vacation, you'll always find problems with any vacation.