Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Which is your FAVORITE Carnival Ship?

We've cruised on a number of Carnival ships, and I think my favorite so far was the Carnival Legend. I loved the easy to understand layout, and the great buffet station set up.
What's been your favorite Carnival ship?

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2003, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Which is your FAVORITE Carnival Ship?

All of them
I've been on the Holiday, Celebration (2), Sensation (2), Imagination, Destiny, Triumph, Ecstasy, Fascination, Inspiration, Jubilee, Paradise and I have the Pride scheduled for October 5, 2003 Mexican Riviera. I can't wait to go on the Pride, from the reviews that I have read, I'm going to love it more than my past cruises.
Old April 10th, 2003, 12:28 PM
doug gunn

The Paradise because of the non smoking and the wonderful memories. Second the Spirit because of the beauty.
Old April 10th, 2003, 03:20 PM
First Mate

I've been on the Holiday and the Inspiration. I enjoyed both ships. We did get better service on the Inspiration as far as dinner goes but equally good room steward service on both.
Old April 10th, 2003, 03:33 PM
MichelleM

We have been on the Fascination, Sensation, Destiny and Paradise and I have also been on the Marti Gras, Tropicale, and Festivale.

I think the Paradise and Destiny were my favorites. I like the Fantasy class layout best but I liked the extras that the Destiny had.
Old April 10th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Admiral

The Spirit Class ships have my vote. I really love that class ship and the fact that the "Las Vegas" theme is taken down a notch. Very lovely ships that are just the right size with great cabins and lots to do and easy to get around on.
Our sentimential favorite is the Sensation as she was our first introduction to cruising and quite honestly changed our lives because of it. There always seems to be a special place in ones heart for thier first.
The best cruise we had going into it blind was the Fascination to the Southern because we discovered so many new islands and loved that area plus we hit it off with some of the staff and became fast friends with some and one has become so close she is frankly part of our family now, like an adopted sister.
The best cruise overall was the Trans-Atlantic onboard the Legend as it was truely a memorable cruise visiting Europe and Iceland and Canada onboard a brand new ship and sailing onboard were some of our best friends that we have met during our many other cruises AND even many of the crew and entertainers were old and close friends of ours! It was a dream cruise no doubt.
Carnival is our overall favorite line and since starting in 1996 onboard the Sensation we have now cruised on the Fascination (2), Tropical (2), Inspiration, Imagination, Destiny, Spirit, Legend, Triumph (2), and Ecstasy (2) for a total of 14 Carnival cruises.
Jim

PS Oh yes, don't limit yourself to just CCL either, we have an additional 7 cruises on others ships in differant cruise lines worked in between those. <G>

Old April 10th, 2003, 04:18 PM
First Mate

I just got off the Victory..only Carnival ship I have sailed...I did not like it too much, I found the ship confusing.

Mary Margaret
Old April 10th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Mikey Sr.

Ecstacy because she was our honeymoon ship as well as our first cruise.
Old April 11th, 2003, 12:25 PM
LAW

I'm partial to the Fantasy class ships.

Elation (1/00)
Elation (4/00)
Tropicale (1/01)
Victory (11/01)
Destiny (4/02)
Imagination (11/02)
Imagination (very soon -- 4/28/03)
Old April 12th, 2003, 01:34 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Which is your FAVORITE Carnival Ship?

WOW, i wish i had been as many ships as you. i am looking foward to my FIRST cruise to be able to judge. carnival spirit sept 10 for 7 days in the inner passage.
after i get back i will let you know how i vote.
Old April 19th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Kellyann

Default Re: Re: Re: Which is your FAVORITE Carnival Ship?

We have been on six Carnival cruises in the following order: Fantasy, Ecstasy, Imagination, Inspiration, Spirit (2002) and Victory (2003). My favority by a long shot is the Spirit. It had so many neat places to get away from it all and the bars were great. The best of all was the way they had so many buffet stations that cut down tremendously on long lines. The food assortment would please the fussiest eater (which I am) and it was so good. It was a very pretty ship. The one I liked the least was the Victory. It seemed I spent hours each day walking from one end to the other. It was very long and you could only get from front to back along the Promenade deck. So when you came out of the Pacific dining room on the 3rd floor you had to go up to the 5th (Promenade) to get to the front where the shows were held and take the elevator or walk back down to the 3rd floor. It was confusing and a waste of time. Also the lines for food on the Lido deck were absolutely ridiculous. Basically they had two buffet lines - for 2700 passengers! It seemed to me like they built this huge ship but never gave any thought to how to manage the flow of people.
If you are booked on the Victory, you will have a great time as I did. I'm just giving my opinion based on ranking of favorites. The entertainment for the main shows (two) is extraordiinary and the talent in the many lounges is incredible.
Old April 19th, 2003, 08:41 PM
First Mate

So far the Inspiration is my favorite. We go on the Pride next.... Have heard great things about her. I love carnival.. have been on other lines and still come back to Carnival... Char
Old April 19th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Well, my very first cruise ever was on the Fascination in 1995, Southern Caribbean from San Juan. I fell in love with everything about it, and I met my husband on that cruise. The fantasy class is a very well laid out ship, and I know that the Fascination will always have a special place in my heart.

The Pride was a great ship too, and I'm really looking forward to our cruise this fall on the Spirit.

Old April 20th, 2003, 09:38 PM
GLRounds

Default Re: Re: Which is your FAVORITE Carnival Ship?

Tropical, Jubilee, Elation. Love the Fantasy-class ships and obviously the Elation is my favorite. Easy to manuever around the ship, always maintained to the highest order of cleanliness and neatness. Like their shows. Great piano bar "Duke's".

Have been on NCL and a "cruise-from-hell" aboard a French ship from the Paquet Line (can't recall her name, cruised out of LA, too).

Gary