Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2003, 05:04 PM
bob sweeney

Default what ID is required to cruise?

I am going on the Conquest to the Western Carribean and I was wondering what ID is required. My wife and I both have passports but they are both 14 years old and have both expired. It is $55 each to get them renewed. My two kids are also going and it would cost $70 each to get them passports. Rather than spend the $260, even though I see many advantages to passports, I would like to just take alternate ID. For my wife and myself I understand that a birth certificate or a certified copy of same and a photo ID such as a valid state drivers license is requried. Plus my wife, since the name is dfferent on the ID and birth certificate, would need a copy of our marriage license. Is that correct?

I'm not sure however what ID for the kids is required. Do they also need birth certificates and valid photo IDs or will just the birth certificates do? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: what ID is required to cruise?

If I read right from another post you are sailing in just over a month. That may not be enough time to get passports. For you and your wife, original birth certs with seal and drivers lic. Altho they never asked me but I always brought it, marriage license for your wife. For kids that are underage and with same last name as yours, birth cert with seal. If they have drivers lic or permit, school photo ID bring that also. That is all you should need for American citizens.
Old April 14th, 2003, 12:33 PM
suzann

Passports - we just got ours back and it only took 2 weeks exactly.
Old April 14th, 2003, 05:40 PM
MichelleM

The kids don't need picture ID until they are 16. Up to that point all they need is the birth certificate.