Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2003, 01:14 PM
Jo Ann

Default Conquest YES or NO

We have booked the Conquest for Nov 16-22, but have read so many negatives about the ship here....from changing ports to rocking to tipping while coming up the river to mediocre food.....that now I am wondering if we made a good choice. I wanted to go on a NEW ship and living in Chicago we thought it a nice drive to New Orleans and spending a couple days extra there......so we chose the Conquest.......did we make a mistake.....do they need more time to get going and settled with this one?
Help from anyone is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2003, 04:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to NDalfrey
Default Re: Conquest YES or NO

My husband and I are sailing Conquest on June 8th. I feel like you do, I am concerned about all the negative. We are first time cruisers and probably won't know the difference anyway... :-)
Old April 22nd, 2003, 05:14 PM
Admiral

Everyone has an opinion, with the negatives also comes positives. Your experience will be what you make of it. If you go in with a negative attitude you will ruin your own vacation. For instance our last cruise was on the Elation, I read reviews and such saying what a beautiful ship, yadda yadda. I thought it was the ugliest ship I have been on. The Fantasy I heard lots of negatives yet we very much enjoyed the cruise, food and shows. You need to go in with the attitude that this will be a great cruise. Happy sailing to you both!
Old April 22nd, 2003, 09:33 PM
Passenger

I sailed on Conquest in January and am going for a 2nd trip next month. It is a beautiful ship with excellent shows, spacious rooms, and good food. The Point Restaurant is fantastic. Give it a try. Email me if you have questions.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 12:50 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation

Just got off the Conquest this past Sunday, I loved it. Will go anytime.

Darrell
Old April 23rd, 2003, 02:10 PM
Christi

Default Re: Re: Conquest YES or NO

I've read many glowing reviews about the Conquest!! I've booked to sail her in Sept for the 911 cruise. Go and have a great time!!
Old April 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM
Jo Ann

thanks all....sounds like nothing to fret about......I LOVE cruising and can't imagine NOT having a grea time
Thanks again
Old April 23rd, 2003, 06:49 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Conquest YES or NO

I to will be on the Conquest June 8, 2003. Everyone has an opinion relax I know we will have a great time. I went on the Pride last June it was on of my best Vacations.
Denise
Old April 24th, 2003, 01:35 PM
cctraveler

We sailed on the Conquest in February. We had heard some negative things about it and while there was a lot of motion the last two nights, it was a fabulous ship. I thought the food was very good, as well as the service and show.
Have fun!
Old April 25th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed on the Conquest, 3-30-03. We had a wonderful time with no complaints. Go and have a wonderful time. Don't read anymore reviews until you get home.
Old April 25th, 2003, 05:24 PM
LYNE

hello...

I have to tell you that you made a good choice choosing the Conquest... It is a very nice ship, new and beautiful, very big. Not as glittery as the other Carnival ships... As for the tillting, you don't have to worry about anything, it happens to some ships, even if they are small or big... sometimes very big and large waves collides on the ship while in a very big storm (and that's what happened for the Conquest), but because the ships have stabilizers, it helps the ship not to tilt over completely... And has for changing ports at the beggining of the cruise, they actually don't have much of a choice, because the ship is so high, it makes it difficult for them to leave from New Orleans pier. Some power lines that are over the river are so close to the sip that when it passes under those power lines, there is only about 30 feet separating them. So that's why they are departing from Gulfport until June 01st. I don't think they will be departing from Gulfport all year round, but you never know.. and better be safe than...

I hope my answers quiet your mind, you really chose a very nice ship.

Regards
Lyne
Old April 25th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Jo Ann

thnaks again everyone....will definetly have a great time I am sure
Happy crusin' everyone
Old April 25th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Kristi

I cruised on the Conquest last January and am going back next January. It was great cruise! Just relax and enjoy it! You'll have a great time!!
Old April 29th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Kristi, why are you choosing January? We're planning to go back on the Conquest again next year and are considering May or June. How was the weather in January?