Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2003, 07:56 AM
Ralph K

Default Barbados Suggestions

All,

I will be sailing to Barbados in June and was looking for fun things to do there. Can anyone recommend a tour? In Barbados is it best to take a ship offered excurision or do one on your own? Any information on Barbados would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2003, 09:27 AM
MichelleM

Default Re: Barbados Suggestions

Barbados is one of our favorites, we have been there twice.

The Jeep 4x4 safari tour is lots of fun. You get to see some beautiful sights that the normal tours can't get to.
The Jolly Roger is a good booze cruise. The rum punch is included in the price and flows freely.
The Malibu Factory Tour is nice and then you get to use their private beach facilities for a few hours. Very nice set-up at a reasonable price.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 10:31 AM
Admiral

I'd have to go with the 4X4 tour as it is really good and you gvet a feel for the island. We took a tour with an individual of the island and was quite happy with him as we got to go to many places that others don't.
Jim

Old April 23rd, 2003, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Ralph,
We took a cab to the Harrison's Caves and did that tour, cab driver waiting and then dropped us off at the Boatyard beach, which is fairly close to the ship pier. We spent a few hours there, walked around town and headed back to the ship, turned out to be a nice day and a good way to see parts of Barbados.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 24th, 2003, 01:01 PM
SeattleTraveler

We stopped in Barbados 2 years ago off of Dawn Princess. We wanted to simply get to a close beach, and opted to walk. I don't remember for certain, but we must have asked how to get there? in any case it was a bit of a walk, but very doable, and the beach was lovely if a little crowded, with a fair amount of vendors. We'll be stopping in Barbados again in a couple weeks on Carnival Destiny and may opt to pick up a cab to take us to a bit more isolated beach. This will be our first time on Carnival so I can't comment on their excursions, but with Princess we found that a simple beach trip (our usual preferred activity!) it was easier and cheaper to hop a cab on our own. When we wanted to do some snorkelling we went with the excursion from the ship, and found it excellent. When we tried the ship excursion to simply get to the beach on St. Thomas (Meghan's Bay) it was just an annoying waste of money, and it would have been better to do it on our own. Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth - apologies for the info not being maybe as specific as you'd like. Enjoy Barbados!
Old April 24th, 2003, 01:03 PM
SeattleTraveler

Default Re: Re: Barbados Suggestions

I just wanted to add - the beach we walked to in Barbados was Boatyard Beach, as mentioned in the post above.
Old April 24th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LifeIsCruising

We did the taxi to Harrisons cave thing too, the went down the atlantic side and saw some of the best beaches ever

Chris

***edited to remove advertising****