Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2003, 08:47 PM
Happy Camper

Default Bring wine on board?

Used to you could bring unopened bottles of wine on board. Can you still do this? Thank you, Debbie
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2003, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Bring wine on board?

As of 2 months ago, yes you can.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 10:25 PM
dwayne

Called Carnival and was told 1 bottle only per couple or cabin. Even if special event. They advised to purchase from their gifts services and have it in your cabin to use either there or in dinning room. Prices are a bit higher and if you bring a very nice bottle from your home area and get some from the ship you can have it in your room and enjoy with dinner. Sounded easier than a possible "explode" in the luggage. But sure you could get a few bottles by if you brought them.
Old April 24th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Admiral

I took 2 bottles with no hassles or questions. I also had 2 bottles of hard lemonade (we started on the 6 pack while waiting in line to board). One lady gave us a hard time but another told us it was ok.
Old April 24th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Happy Camper

Thank you very much! They took them from me on Royal last year so I didn't know if Carnival had changed their policy. I usually do order a couple from Bon Voyage and bring one I like on too. Thank you again, Debbie
Old April 25th, 2003, 05:37 PM
LYNE

hello...

As of april 21st, it is forbidden to bring any alcohol on board, only fine wine or champagne and ONLY at embarkation day... If you buy wine or any alcohol while at any port-of-calls, it will be retained by Carnival until the end of the cruise, so you'll see your bottles of alcohol or wine at debarkation time...

Bye