Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2003, 10:46 AM
AmyE

Default Price Drop...HELP!

I am sailing on the legend on 6-30 and made my final payment 2 days ago. I am booking through cruise411 and I constantly check to see if the price of my cat 8I has dropped. Well...It has! About $600 and now carnival is only willing to give me a 9A. I thought I could get a credit on my sail & sign card. Am I wrong??? Should I take the 9A? What if the price drops again? PLEASE HELP!
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Price Drop...HELP!

As you are past the final payment date and within the penatly timeframe they do not have to do anything. They most likely will do as much as they can to please you but you really need to get your TA to push hard for it. If the penalty is less than $600 then you can always cancel and rebook at the new rate but that probably isn't the case.
Jim

Old April 25th, 2003, 11:08 AM
AmyE

Default Re: Re: Price Drop...HELP!

Thanks for your response.... It just makes me mad because I only paid my final payment two days ago! What if the price keeps dropping? My cruise isn't for another 2 months...
Old April 25th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Price Drop...HELP!

AmyE,
This is really a very unusual time and prices are doing things that they never really have in the past with last minute great pricing. I suspect that prices will not only stabilize soon but that they will actually start going back up. Best thing to do is keep in touch with your TA and let them know that their performance on this cruise for you determines if you do repeat business with them or recommend them to others.
Jim

Old April 25th, 2003, 11:49 AM
L Galloway

I'm not sure, but if you don't sail until June 30th, then you don't hit your 60 days prior to sailing point until the 30th of April correct? So you still should have some room for negotiation. We had price adjusted on our 60th day deadline date and our agent managed to get us one more adjustment after that date with no penalty, but i'm sure this isn't the norm. However, if you are still inside that 60 day window you should still be able to do something.

good luck to you,
L. Galloway
Old April 25th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Our price dropped 2 times after the final payment deadline. Ours fell $50 each time. Our TA called Carnival and was able to get us all $100 per person in onboard credit. We are sailing on the Destiny on May 4.

9 days and counting!!
Old April 25th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Passenger

We paid off our cruise back in March and we sail on June 2nd. Our price dropped last week and I called my TA. She called Carnival and was able to get us a refund on the difference. It was refunded back to our credit card.
Old April 27th, 2003, 10:01 AM
AmyE

It took a few times calling my TA, but I got the refund on my credit card! Now my cruise is $600 cheaper...can't get any better than that!
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:59 PM
kenya

If you book a cruise through the travel agent, how do you find out when/if the prices lower? Shouldn't the TA keep an eye out? Also , my friend are almost positive that we will cruise on the Destiny and would like a cat. 8A cabin. When and where can you find the best deals? We want to leave around 3/21/04. Should we book now or wait until later?
Old May 7th, 2003, 01:49 PM
L Galloway

Kenya,
You are supposed to get better rates by booking early, but lately that hasn't been the case because the prices seem to be dropping more and more closer to time to sail. some TA's do watch the pricing, but most do not have the time and I assume that any refund would also lower the money they are making off the deal. I had to advise my agent twice, but both times she did get us reduced to the lower rate and we got a nice refund check that we can use while on our cruise. The one thing about booking early is that you are assured that you have a spot and the type of cabin you want to get and if the prices go up instead of down then you have booked at the lower rate.

L. Galloway
Old June 10th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Passenger

How long will this INFO be posted here?

http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown...=22&hour=16:00
Splendor of the Sea 4/5/1997
Sun Princess 4/15/2002
Carnival Glory 4/17/2004
NCL 6/4/2006
NCL 6/22/2008
Old June 10th, 2003, 09:04 AM