Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2003, 01:42 PM
SeattleTraveler

Default Recent Destiny trip report?

We'll be doing a Southern Caribbean itinerary next week, and it will be our first time on Carnival. We're really looking forward to both the ship and the ports, and would love to hear anyone's suggestions on favorite activities, food, beaches in port (especially on Martinique and Aruba, new islands for us), or anything else you'd like to share. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2003, 07:02 AM
Mary Kay

Default Re: Recent Destiny trip report?

We will be on the Destiny next week also. This is my second carnival cruise and my husbands first. We are celebrating our 10th anniversary, which is May 8th. In Aruba, we are renting a jeep to tour the island with another couple. We do not know what we will do on Martinique. Barbados is really the only island that we have a tour scheduled. We are touring with Glory Tours. We will see Harrison's Cave, The Bamboo House,
Orchid World or Wild Life Reserve (our choice) Bathsheba, Scenic East cost, Lunch, Snorkelling at a ship wreck & Swimming with turtles (west Coast), Glass Bottom Boat Cruise and a glimpse the Morgan Lewis windmill.

Maybe we could get together one night on the ship and have a drink.

See you soon,

Mary Kay
Old April 28th, 2003, 09:00 AM
susancruzs

If you don't rent a jeep on your own, I recommend the jeep tour through the cruise line!

However, if you have a bad back or an aversion to dust, don't do it!!! Aruba is very desert like, dusty and dry and where some of the sights are, it is very bumpy, hard packed clay, gravel roads.

Alot of people don't like Aruba due to the desert look, I really like it and the jeep tour is an excellent way to see the island plus it usually includes a beach stop, too!

Enjoy!

Susie
Old April 30th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Recent Destiny trip report?

We also will be sailing this weekend on the Destiny. Can't wait.

This is our 5th cruise on Carnival and second time on the Destiny where we spent our honeymoon 4 years ago this month. We are also looking for ideas for excursions in Barbados and Martinique and like the sound of the Barbados tour Mary Kay mentioned.

We would also like to meet others sailing at the same time.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jonie
Old April 30th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Mary Kay

Default Re: Re: Re: Recent Destiny trip report?

Jonie,

It would be great to meet on board. When and where?

If you want to join us in Barbados just go to GLORYTOURS.ORG and reserve on line. The owner of the tour company, Sarah, should reply right back. She told us the tour was not full, so I am sure there is room for you. There is another couple that we "meet" on one of these message boards that is also going.

We are thinking about just relaxing at a beach in Martinique. Really not sure what there is to do on that island.

My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary while on this cruise. We are at sea for our anniversary (May 8th).

See you in 4 days!!!!

Mary Kay

Old April 30th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Recent Destiny trip report?

Hi Mary Kay,

As I said before, we are also celebrating our anniversary of 4 years. We would love to meet with y'all (can you tell I'm from Texas). We are spending the night in San Juan on the 4th and plan to board the ship early. Drop me an email and I can give you our cabin number and we can set up a meeting place.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Jonie
Old April 30th, 2003, 09:58 PM
SeattleTraveler

Hi Mary Kay and Joni,

it would be fun to meet up with you. I'll email you and we can set it up.
Old May 1st, 2003, 08:35 AM
Mary Kay

SeattleTraveler,

Great, we would love to met up with you. I e-mailed Jonie last night from home hopefully I will hear from her today. I mentioned to her maybe a good time to meet would be on Sunday before the muster drill (around 9:00) in the All Star Sports Bar.

Let me know what you think. You can e-mail me at home by clicking on my name within the post.

See you SOON!!!

Mary Kay

Old May 7th, 2003, 12:12 PM
kenya

I hope that everyone will report back here after there trip as I would love to hear about the tours you ended up taking. I leave next March but like to be well informed in a advanced. Have Fun ;o)