Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:06 AM
Passenger

Default ? about free berth credit

I am in charge of our group sailing and I have a ? about the free berth credit we will receive... i was told that we could either split it up or one person can take it (which is what we decided to do since I've got the largest family and am having to put out the most $) At what point do we actually receive the credit.... Will it be when we sign up for our sail and sign or before that?
Also, does anyone know if you can give split like $250 credit to several cabins and the rest to one cabin?
Thanks for your help......
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:25 AM
Andrea A

Default Re: ? about free berth credit

You should get the price off of your cabin. You will probably have to wait until all other guests are paid in full. However, some cruise lines (Carnival I know for sure) only allow 3 "groups" per sailing. Three groups that they give these discounts too, but they do make exceptions. For example, my wedding is going to be on the Carnival Victory and we have 62 passengers booked on the cruise, BUT because they already had three "groups" already sailing when we booked, they were not going to give us any amenitieis. However, my travel agent called and harassed them for months until they decided to make us a group also. Now we are getting every 16th passenger free, which will be taken off of my fiance and my cabin... but we will get the money back AFTER the cruise... why, I don't know... but that's how they're doing it.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:27 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: ? about free berth credit

That's the 1st time i've heard of that (3 groups per cruise)..... at least we were never told that...... our TA told us that we would receive the credit a few days before but we've been told some things that were not true by him, so that's why i'm asking......! Everyone has already paid, but i guess they have to wait until right before to make sure no one backs out.... i think we have about 12 cabins booked........

Good luck for your wedding!
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:33 AM
Admiral

The TC, (tour conductor), refund will be sent to the designated leader of the group AFTER the cruise. How they split it up is up to them. In many cases the TA handles this and takes the amount off the cruise price and gets their money back when they get their commission from the cruiseline as they designate themselves as the leader or TC of the group. As for the 3 groups only on CCL, I never heard of it and highly doubt that is true.
Jim

Old May 2nd, 2003, 11:47 AM
Andrea A

I was told by my TA that Carnival only recognizes 3 "groups" per sailing where they get all the amenities like the free berth, champagne in every state room, a group cocktail party.... things like that. We are now getting refunded the money, but none of the "extras".
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Admiral

That doesn't sound right about the 3 groups. We just sailed the Legend in Apri. I booked into a small 20 cabin group. There was a group from MD, a group from IL, and many others who were traveling with a group (we met on-line). It is your agent who works out the perks and gives the credits at your direction. We had Champagne, Chocolate covered strawberries & candy plus a 1 hr. cocktail party. The berth credit will be the total average price of the cabins that are booked not including air, port or taxes. If everyone has a balcony on a new Spirit class ship, that will be could be about $900. The TA will only charge you what is necessary. It would get very complicated if it was divided up unequally.
Old May 11th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Admiral

There is no limit to the number of "groups" that are allowed to book. There could be over a hundred groups of 16 and the cruiseline would not care. They are looking to sell the cruise.
Jim