Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2003, 01:16 PM
L. Galloway

Default kids dress for dinner?

I just thought of something. This is our first cruise with our kids ages 10 and 11. Will the boys need to dress up for dinner or are they more relaxed with the younger kids. I will have them dress up for the formal night, but the best I will probably be able to do with them during the other nights would be dress shorts and a nice shirt or jeans and a dress shirt. I think this will be fine. We are on the Fantasy for 4 days and i've heard this is a very laid back cruise compared to others we've been on.

L. Galloway
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: kids dress for dinner?

That should be fine.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 06:17 PM
furluvcats

They say no shorts in the dining room. Not sure how that applies to kids. Ours are going on a cruise with us Monday, and I'm making my son wear dress pants and khakis, and my daughter is wearing a dress everynight, but we tend to dress for every meal anyway, so its really a reflection of our taste. Hope your kids really enjoy their cruise!
Old May 2nd, 2003, 07:43 PM
First Mate

The mandatory rule for dress at dinner in the diningroom is no shorts or t-shirts. There is no exception for young children, old men, beautiful women, dress shorts, silk shorts nor any other shorts. No shorts means no shorts period.
Old May 2nd, 2003, 10:31 PM
Carol Pullen

Default Re: Re: kids dress for dinner?

Hope there is no chill in the air.
Old May 4th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Admiral

For a 9yr old boy, does he need a jacket on formal nights or would a dress shirt and tie be ok???

thanks DeeDee
Old May 4th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Sharon66 Send a message via AIM to Sharon66 Send a message via MSN to Sharon66 Send a message via Yahoo to Sharon66
Default Re: Re: Re: kids dress for dinner?

A shirt and Tie would be fine.
Old May 5th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Passenger

We took our 4 & 7 yr old boys on Victory last month. For the formal nights, we had them wear Khakis and polos and they were fine. The other nights, we let them wear sweatpants (not their holy and beat up ones) and a t-shirt. No one said anything and it was hard to convince the boys to wear at least a collared shirt when adults were wearing shorts. Depending on how you dress will determine the amounts of stares you get but we didn't see anyone being asked to leave. I'm still trying to figure out how one guy wore tie-dyed jeans on formal night....

Doug

Victory 4/03
Old May 5th, 2003, 09:39 AM
L Galloway

I agree with you Doug. Our last cruise there were grown men in khaki shorts, dress shirts and sandals. If I were going on a 14 day european cruise then maybe, but I can't see it for a 4 day cruise in the bahamas. We'll play it by ear and i'll see how it goes.

L.Galloway