Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Familiar Face
Default toiletries- what do I need

I'm not sure that I have actually seen a post on this subject. I have searched through first time cruise info and have learned a lot, but can someone tell me what toiletries I need to bring with me? (soap, shampoo, etc) Do they have any in the rooms? I will be in an 8A on the Triumph if it matters.

Thanks in advance- you have all been a great help!

Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Default Re: toiletries- what do I need

There is a little sample basket in each cabin when you arrive, but they change the contents based on what companies will give them and which companies have the best deals. Usually they have 2 disposable razors, tums, body wash, shampoo and conditioner samples, tylenol, and either toothpaste or deodrant. But since I have seen slightly different stuff on each cruise I wouldn't depend on something vital being there.

I always bring a good shampoo and conditioner along because the sun, salt and chlorine do some damage to hair. A good thick conditioner helps reverse some of that damage.

There is plenty of soap in the room unless you have sensitive skin or specifically like one brand.

I bring sample sized deodrant and toothpaste to save space in my luggage.

Tolietries kind of depend on what you need and usually use. Check out the sample sized selection at your local Walmart for some of your favorites in smaller sizes to save luggage space.
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Default Re: toiletries- what do I need

I always collect sample size items and bring those with. The sample basket of goodies is certainly nice thing and I use those in addition to what I bring but never take full size, don't have the room for that. This is one thing CCL has over RCCL and that's a nice little extra.
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:46 AM
Default Re: Re: toiletries- what do I need

I also enjoyed the goody basket but one warning - towards the end of the month when they run low on supplies they don't refill the basket with fresh toiletries after you use the samples up. I was told on one board not to pack ANY extra soap or shampoo - that all you needed to do was tell the steward you were out and they would promptly refill the basket. That may be true in some cases, but don't count on it! I had to buy super-overpriced shampoo on the ship to use when the steward told me since it was the last cruise of the month he was out of everything.

bring, carnival, cruise, cruises, full, give, provide, provided, shampoo, size, soap, thry, toiletries, toiletry, tolietries, toothpaste