Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:00 PM
crusader

Default Sensation

We will be cruising August 14. Is it risky that time of year? First cruise three kids, two teenagers. Any kids? Hows the food, rooms, and over all ship? If it doesn't work out, I know hubby won't go again. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Sensation

A little further down is a thread titled "Just got back from Sensation." It should give you some ideas about what the ship is like.

I'm guessing there will be plenty of kids in early August because school is still out.

Have a great cruise.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Carnival Imagination

Land Cruise, Britain and Belgium

Old May 8th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Passenger

We sailed on the sensation 2-8-03 and had a wonderful cruise. This was our first cruise so I do not have anything to compare it to. We thought the ship was in good shape and kept clean. I thought the food was ok, but we did not eat in the dining room as much as we probably should have. Our cabin was kept up good and we were located in the front of the ship on the main deck. Did not have a problem at all. We had a wonderful first cruise experience and are looking to cruise again sometime!!!

Sunny
Old May 8th, 2003, 11:49 AM
MichelleM

It is a bit early for a hurricane but it is possible. Should be plenty of families on board taking that last vacation of the summer before school starts.
Old May 9th, 2003, 05:21 PM
First Mate

I was on the Sensation last October for our honeymoon. Made it between the hurricanes and tropical storms. We had a great time. The ship is nice and there were 400 kids on our cruise in October. Cabin was good, service and food was excellent. Going on the Imagination June 23rd.
Old May 9th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Debbie Dean

I sailed on Sensation 2-8-03 (Along with Sunny and 2000 other very happy pax). It was wonderful. Eat in the dining room at least for dinner, it was awesome. I posted a review on this site, try a search. You will love it.
Old May 10th, 2003, 05:55 AM
First Mate

Sensation Feb. 3, 2003 was our first cruise. Hated it so much, we booked Fantasy in March and have Inspiration booked for next Feb. One of the biggest reasons we choose Inspiration was to return to Cozumel. Realize the ship is 10 years old but very well kept. The crew is awesome, much better than Fantasy. I agree with others, best food is had in the dining room, but we enjoyed the seaview grill for breakfast. While the bathroom was spotless, there was an odor in there. Closing the door solves that problem. You picked a great ship with a great itinerary. Enjoy!
Old May 10th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Crusader

Any suggestions for cozumel? Some place that is on the beach. Maybe a pool, food, bathrooms and if possible snorkling. My boys like to be kept busy. My daughter likes to sit in the sun. My husband likes pools and shade. I could care less what we do.
Thanks for all and any help.
Old May 11th, 2003, 09:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

I wrote the "Just Back from Sensation "topic and posted my review under reader reviews....it should be of some help to you!
Old May 11th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Sensation

Go to Chakanaab park. There is beach, snorkeling, a really nice nature trail, dolphin encounter that you can participate in or just watch others. There are locker's, bathrooms, bars (of course) & places where you can eat/snack. You can do this on your own for far cheaper than booking with the cruise line. You get off the ship, down the pier to where all the taxi's are. You can't miss this because it is the same way that everyone else will be heading. They have set prices for taxis. It will cost you $10 to get there, one way. Park entry is $10 to get in per person. Snorkeling gear is extra. This will give you a nice day in the sun with the option of sitting under the palms or palapas. Enjoy!