Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Mtrout

Default Passport for Roatan/Belize?

We don't have current passports for a West. Carb. cruise in 3 weeks. Today I was told a horror story of a friend who had a hard time while off the ship because she didn't have a passport with her. Although it is not required by Carnival for sailing, should I get them (quick!) for at least the 2 adults? Should I be concerned?
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Greta B.

Default Re: Passport for Roatan/Belize?

Hello!

No you will be fine, as long as you take your drivers license and certified copy of your birth certificate (it has to be the certified copy). Also, some cruise reps. informed me that if you are married and your last name is different then how it appears on your birth certificate, then you may want to also take your marriage license with you, in case if you are questioned about your last name being changed.
It is alot easier to carry a passport if you are afraid that you may lose your birth certificate and all. You would only have to carry one item instead of three other items. I think that you may still have time to get a passport expedited immediatly.
Hope that this helps you out!!
Old May 8th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Mtrout,
I've never head of anyone having to have their passports with them while in a port, just make sure you take your sign/sail card with you to get off the ship and then back on again. Although I highly recommend having passports, its basically the best identification you can carry, may-be think about getting some before your next cruise, time wise, its cutting it pretty short before this cruise, but a good idea to have and then you can make copies of it and carry it with you while in ports.

Here is a link to get one:

http://travel.state.gov/passport_easy.html

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 8th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Mtrout

If I'm married, of course my name is different from my birth certificate! My bc shows my maiden name and I've had a different married name for 18 years! I have been to Cayman and Bahamas several times and no problem with BC but think we'll get the passports anyway. These sites show where you can get them, at a cost, in 5 - 8 days.

Thanks!
Old May 10th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Jamiegunter

We sailed to Belize and all you need is your sail and sign card to get on and off ship. We keep our ID with us also, but I wouldnt be carrying your Birth Certificate off the ship, because if it got lost you would have a hard time when you got back into the United States. We keep our important Documents in the safe.
Old May 10th, 2003, 09:52 PM
Mtrout

Thanks. We have decided against getting the PP because of the additional cost of rush orders. I know that the S&S cards will suffice for Carnival and we're not planning any risky ventures into Honduras or Mexico! Besides, now that I've got my documents, I'm too excited to worry about anything!
Old May 11th, 2003, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Mtrout,
A Passport is required in Belize EXCEPT for cruise ship passengers. <G> Their government has a special deal for cruise ship passengers. Carry not only your shipboard ID card, (sail & sign on CCL), but a photo ID and you should have no problem. Just make sure you do not miss the boat!
Jim

Old May 16th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sea Turtle

While I travel with a passport, I can assure that when I was in Belize two weeks ago via a cruiseship I left it in the cabin safe. As others have stated just get off with your S&S card and a driver's license.

Enjoy your journey!