Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Christy

Default cruising solo in June?

Comtemplating last minute cruise...any advice on cruise line, dates to sail would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Christy
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2003, 06:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Sea Turtle
Default Re: cruising solo in June?

Hey Christy--

I've cruised solo several times. Where are you interested in going? How far from home do you want to travel? Lots more questions to ask yourself. I just booked this week for Alaska (leave next week), and found fabulous last minute deals. Summer is almost here as in kids will be getting out of school soon and family vacations will begin. So deals for solo travelers probably won't be as plentiful as I have encountered over the last couple of months.

Enjoy your planning!
Old May 17th, 2003, 04:43 PM
shipbound

I never been on a cruise in June but I would imagine there may be many families on the ships. I dont know if you are single or not but unless you like being around many children I would not go in June, what about early May?

Gary
Old May 17th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Hey Gary, early May is over with, lol!
Old May 17th, 2003, 06:35 PM
shipbound

May 2004 !!!!!!
Old May 19th, 2003, 08:58 AM
GLRounds

Default Re: Re: cruising solo in June?

Last minute ? May 2004 ? What am I missing?

I'm with the solo poster, going to be difficult to book a last minute now that the "wave" season is ALMOST in full swing.

We need to know, however, where you live, what you want from a cruise, what destinations you might prefer, etc.

If you can drive to the port that's a big plus on spur-of-the-moment cruising since last minute air rates are very high.

Gary
Old May 19th, 2003, 12:45 PM
dustyroad

Default Re: Re: Re: cruising solo in June?

christy

i am traveling solo (my first cruise) to alaska in sept. i went through vacationstogo.

they only charged me $100 extra to have the cabin to myself. i thought this was fantasitc after all i have heard about high single supplement cost. and the kids will back in school, so there wont be so many on the ship. (i love kids, but i want a relaxing adult vacation).

i agree with the rest, i did so much surfing and did tons of homework before i really decided who to book with. stan at vacationstogo is terrific and they are so helpful and nice. my cruise is all booked with them so they must be pretty good to have sold out.

hope you decide soon and have a great cruise. i cant wait to be on the spirit and see the glaciers and whales in the inside passage.