Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Passenger

Default Legend NYC Oct. 04

Anyone sailing on Carnival's Legend, October 4, 2003? I've seen a few people on the cruise right after mine... Already tried meet-on-board but no luck, so I thought I'd give it a shot here ;-)

I'll be travelling with my husband and 9yr old daughter and would love to hear from others booked on the same cruise...

-cath

Old May 14th, 2003, 11:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Legend NYC Oct. 04

Hi Cath!!
I am one of those cruisers that is traveling out of NYC after you on October 12th on the Carnival Legend. I originally had that date in mind-but I had changed it. This cruise should be fun and as I am hearing that this ship is magnificant!!

Bon Voyage!!!!
David.......
Old May 15th, 2003, 08:05 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Legend NYC Oct. 04

Maybe not everyone booked as early as us...

I am definitely excited about going on Legend. I have heard almost all good things and since I live in NYC, it is so darn CONVENIENT! It will be like getting a hotel in manhattan and waking up in the carribbean.

I can hardly wait!!!!

-cath

Old May 16th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Beginner

Hi Cath!!!!
I am on your ship too! This will be my first cruise and I have been booked since last July. I cannot wait! I am cruising with 8 other people - 3 girls and 3 couples - us 3 girls will be in one room together. We are all early 30's. I have a 9 yr old son but he is staying home!!!! No kids on this trip! Hope to hear from you!
Terri
Old May 16th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Passenger

Yippee!!! I am so glad to hear from someone else on our ship!!! Are your from the NYC area?

Are you travelling with friends or family? Has anyone in your group cruised before?

What are you most excited about on the cruise? I'm excited about the islands, but I'm mostly excited about the ship. I want to explore all of the places that I've seen in pictures.

Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to chat more about the cruise!!

-cath

Old May 16th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Beginner

Hi Cath,
I am traveling with friends - one is my cousin. I know the one couple has been on a short cruise but for the most part this is the first cruise for all of us. I am just so excited about everything - mainly about the ship and then the activites on the ship and then the islands. I cannot wait until I see the ship for the first time - I think I might actually cry!! I live in Philadelphia and everyone else with me lives right outside the city. Have you cruised before? Please - feel free to email me anytime - I love talking about the cruise and hopefully meeting up with new friends I make on the boards! Don't hesitate!!
Terri
P. S. Is your daughter excited ? How old are you and your hubby?
Old September 9th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Beginner

Hi Catherine,
My wife and I will also be on the 10/4 sailing. We're in our late 40s, our 2 daughters will be in school so we're on our own. We've been on other cruise lines, and this is our 1st on Carnival. We visited the ship last fall in NYC and booked shortly after. It is a very different ship from what we're used to, and I am anxious to sail on her. My only regret is that we'll be out to sea when Bruce Springsteen is giving his tour finale at Shea Stadium on 10/4! I look forward to meeting other Cruisemates on board!
Gerry
Old September 10th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Admiral

To all of you sailing the Legend in Oct.: on this board, click on People, then click on Chit Chat for Cruisers. Then look for "Legend of a Cruise" Parts 1-10 so far, you may have to back-track a little. You will find my story of my recent Legend cruise, complete with pictures, and if there's anything else you want to know, let me know! Enjoy the Legend!

"rollerdonna"

Old September 11th, 2003, 08:19 AM
Passenger

Hi RollerDonna! I have been tracking your Legendary Saga! The pics are great and I love the "Hi Cruise Mates" sign...

Hi Gerri! Sorry you'll be missing Bruce! Too bad we can't take him with us on our ship
;-)

I have a Yahoo Group set-up just for our cruise if you want to meet some other cruisers on our ship!!! I also have pictures (because I'm enough of a nut-ball to go to the pier to sneak a peek) and capers (someone was nice enough to fax to me!).

This is the link for the Yahoo Group...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CarnivalLegendOCT4/join

Talk to you soon!

Post Edited (09-11-03 08:24)
Old September 11th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Beginner

Hey RollerDonna

Thanks for the blow by blow on your Legend cruise!! I'll be sailing on Oct. 4th and the anticipation is killing me!!
I look forward to another posting!!! Keep em coming!!

Diane