Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2003, 10:02 PM
SarahNVic

Default Jubilee 5-3-03 Technical difficulties

My husband and I returned last week from our first cruise. We were on the Jubilee out of Galveston. We left almost 4 hours late due to technical difficulties which were never explained. During the trip, the ship was like a washing machine on spin cycle - except worse. It was pretty bad, loud rumble and serious vibration no matter where you were on the ship. Anyone else on this sailing? Anyone know what the problem was? We were guessing a prop was out of balance because it would get better when we turned a certain direction. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Jubilee 5-3-03 Technical difficulties

Sarah,
It is my understanding from the rumor mill at CCL that there is a problem with the propulsion unit. I am not sure if it is the prop, shaft, or what but that seems to be the current assesment. It certainly isn't in any danger of breaking down completely but they are going to need to repair it. Look for something to be done very soon to fix this problem. We noticed that you were in Cozumel Monday when you should not have been there. We were onboard the Triumph.
Jim

Old May 15th, 2003, 02:47 PM
SarahNVic

Default Re: Jubilee 5-3-03 Technical difficulties

Thanks for the info, Jim! We were hoping that CCL wouldn't be putting any of us in danger, but the noise and vibration on that ship was bad enough that even us first time cruisers knew something wasn't right. I know there were plenty cruisers complaining, because everytime we were in the main lobby, I heard an employee at the Purser's desk apologizing profusely for the inconvenience. There were lots of older guests who were not resting at night. I sure hope they fix it before our next trip on the Jubilee!
So how do you rate the Triumph? Did you sail out of Miami? When we were at Cozumel, we were indeed the baby ship! We can't wait to try a larger ship next time. Thanks again. Sarah