Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Passenger

Default ? about bringing wine or champagne for special occasion

I have read where you can bring a bottle of wine or champagne if you will be celebrating a special occasion..... Well, we have 15 cabins and we will be celebrating 2 occasions, on two separate nights.... We would like to celebrate in one of our cabins, so we would not want to pay the corkage fee.... my question is this...

Can we bring a bottle per room or a bottle per person (adult) in each cabin and is this something we must have cleared before we board the ship or can we just carry it on and they will have a record of our celebrations (which we have already given to our TA)....

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2003, 06:05 AM
Mary Kay

Default Re: ? about bringing wine or champagne for special occasion

I was just on the Destiny. My husband and I brought a bottle of champagne to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. It was in our carryon that went through the x-ray and no one said anything to us. We never cleared anything with Carnival. I think the policy is one bottle per cabin.

Mary Kay
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:17 AM
island lady

We brought on 3 bottles in my carry on when we boarded the Fantasy.
Right through security, and no problems at all. However, I have been told
that NCL does not allow even one bottle for a special occasion, even if you are celebrating in your cabin. Windstar line was totally accepting, and could bring on as much as you wanted from various ports, as long as it was not liquor. Beer and wine were fine. You will want to check with the individual line you are using.
Cheers!
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Admiral

We always bring 2 bottles of champagne and a 6 pack of something like hard lemonade. Now the last time they balked because we had 2 bottles of Citrona with us (we were drinking from the 6 pack while waiting in line). One lady gave us a hard time with the Citrona but not the champagne. But another person said to let it go as it was only 2 bottles.