Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Henry

Default Complain To Carnival

Don't let Carnival tell you that you can not open balcony partitions between cabins!
Balcony partitions can opened between cabins. Don't wait to complaint when you are on the ship, this can cause delays in getting then opened. You will have to have all rooms called the pursers office to complain. You then may have to tell them you are all friends and you will sign off on any thing that they require.
Lets all complain to Carnival so that we can get the approval to open these partitions before the cruise.
Thanks,
Henry
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Captain

Default Re: Complain To Carnival

I wish you good luck on your campaign to get advance notice to open partitions. I personally have never had a balcony and don't know if I ever will, however for me personally even if I had friends and family next door I wouldn't want the partitions opened. I always need time away from people I am traveling with and wouldn't want them to cross over onto my balcony to bother me. If I want to be with others I will meet them on deck. Thats just me I hope it works out for you.
Old May 20th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Complain To Carnival

Henry, I can tell you from experience that sometimes it is a good thing to leave them closed.
I don't want any partition opened, regardless of with whom I may be cruising. I want my own time and space. Cruising with family / friends is one thing but it doesn't mean I'm spending all my time with them.
Old May 20th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Complain To Carnival

Sometimes the way the partitions swing blocks the door from the cabin to the balcony so you cannot have them open while sailing. Also the danger from a loose and swinging partition precludes them allowing this in most instances. Making a scene at the Pursers desk is not the way to get it done and complaining to CCL's home office before you even board the ship definately will not help you or endear you to the crew.
Jim