Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Beginner

Default citizenship documents?

I am a naturalized citizen, so I don't have a U.S. birth certificate, but I do have the document that says I am a US citizen. I don't know off the top of my head what this document is called. So I am wondering if I can use this as my proof-of-citizenship, and not have to have a passport (which I don't have right now). Any other naturalized citizens cruised Carnival before without a passport? Please help! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2003, 02:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: citizenship documents?

go to the carnival website and go into the section for "booked guest" there is a link there to click on for documents and it will tell you everything you need to know. if in doubt call 1-888-carnival. just had to resolve a problem with my mother in law who has been in the U.S. for 38 years from Canada. since 9/11 changes were required on her green card only problem it takes up to a year to get a new green card and no one informed her of the changes until she went to renew her drivers license in may. we got her a temporary card, a one year drivers license until the new green card comes in and she has her canadian birth certificate, her marriage licence and both her and my father in law have military i.d.'s. carnival felt that was more than enough. i checked the website first, but i felt more relief after calling them directly.

good luck.

FANTASY
Old May 22nd, 2003, 08:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: citizenship documents?

Jeanie, if you don't have a passport all you need to bring are your Naturalization Certificate (that's your citizenship certificate that has your picture on it) and a picture ID like a driver's license. That's all I ever had to show on several previous Carnival cruises, but this year I got me a passport so I don't have to take my certificate with me anymore. Getting a passport was really easy and I highly recommend it for international travel, especially for naturalized citizens.. I received my passport about three weeks after applying for it. I would strongly suggest getting one if your cruise is more than a month away.