Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:15 PM
Passenger

Default Margaritaville in Mont. Bay -how far from dock

Hi - Just wondering - How far is Margaritaville from dock in mont. bay..... will we need to take a taxi or walking distance - also what else can we do around the dock ..... We would like to just hang out around there and not go on any excursions...

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2003, 12:08 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Margaritaville in Mont. Bay -how far from dock

We did this trip twice now. Very safe if you watch what you are doing. We took a JUTA taxi. they are marked that way. they are the reputable ones. Then ask them to take you to margaritaville. It is a neat place to hang out. But then walk down about a block or two and there si a resort on the beach called Dr. Cove beach resort. You pay like $3 to use there facilities and the beach. it is a great beach and u will have lots of fun in the water. Then go back to margaritaville to meet ur taxi that u tell what time to come back for u. Ours stayed there and waited for us. we tipped him well. He was great. Even took us to the shopping center. No extra charge either. Just be aware of where u are at the shopping center. Stay in pairs or groups. Not bad just be aware. you may be approached by someone about drugs. A polite No thank You works. They will leave u alone then. Enjoy it. We all did. Had a great day in jamaica..... happy cruising.. Char
Old June 3rd, 2003, 10:46 AM
Passenger

Elizabeth, we also took a taxi from the dock, but we hit Doctor's Cove Beach first. $3.00 for the beach, with chair and umbrella rentals available. Also, clean shower & changing facilities, hair braiding on the beach by non-agressive young ladies, access from beach to shops and food vendors. We stayed for a few hours, the beach is clean and gorgeous, the snorkeling is above average, the view is outstanding! Then, we walked down to Margaritaville, where we had awesome frozen fruit/rum drinks and a light snack. Played in the water, rode the 110 ft. waterslide, jumped on the water trampolines, listened to good music, enjoyed a very enthusiastic crowd. Highly recommend both during your trip to Montego Bay. Enjoy!
Old June 5th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi,

I think we may do Margaritiville and Doctor's Cove (depending upon weather). Thanks both Char and Lorrie for the information regarding the distance between the two areas.

Other reviewers mentioned these two areas, but I was not quite sure how far they were from eachother and the ship.

What about City Center? How far is that area from Margaritiville? from the Ship?
Old June 6th, 2003, 12:54 AM
First Mate

Not very far at all. U have a great trip. Enjoy it all. Happy cruising..... Char
Old June 6th, 2003, 02:16 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: Margaritaville in Mont. Bay -how far from dock

can you rent jet ski's anywhere on this trip also? I was told we have to go to Carlos and Charlie's also.
Old June 6th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Curt

I agree with what Char said 100%. Have fun
Old June 6th, 2003, 04:15 PM
anita kennedy

I have a question and don't know how to start a new topic.

I have heard something about being charged for towels at the pool and excursions.
One man posted he had an $88 charge for towels and when he went to the bursa's office to get it taken off (he had his receipt for towels being returned) he had a lot of trouble.

I have never heard of putting a deposit on towels before, does anybody know who this works. May bring my own beach towels but was trying to save the packing room.

Any advise
Old June 7th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Passenger

Be carefull in Jamica unless you are with a several young males over 275 lbs. You can get killed raped or even worse thrown in jail.. One day in a Jamican Jail is equal to over 10 years in the worst prison in the United States. This is no place to get cute.
Old June 9th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, Just noticed that last return comment to your question on MO'Bay, You will love that club, don't miss it. Jamaica is safe as any other place. You have to be careful anywhere you go. I have been there many times and always loved it. And yes by all means go to Carlos n Charlies, and Senor Frogs. Its a blast.