Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Victory 7 day cruise canada

Needing all info anyone has on the Carnival Victory (details of cabins ,size,storage, hairdyers, 8A guarn. etc.) for 7 day cruise from New York to Canada.

Also air info (book airlines thru Carnival or on your own). What airport do you fly in to and is the port where you can see the Statue of Liberty?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2003, 08:05 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Victory 7 day cruise canada

I sailed to Canada on the Victory's sister ship the Triumph last year. They have the exact layout. The rooms are a good size, and we were the lowest room you could get. In fact, we liked the ship so much that my fiance and I booked our Wedding on the Victory in August... There really are a ton of things to do, something for everyone.

Since I live in Connecticut, we didn't need to fly there, but I do know that you do go past the Statue of Liberty.... and what a sight it is!! It's a great feeling being on a HUGE ship sailing out to sea past ole Lady Liberty!! It's also fun when you squeeeeeeze under the Verizano Bridge. GOOD TIMES!
Old June 8th, 2003, 11:25 AM
First Mate

WE TRAVELED ON THE VITCORY IN 2001. OUT OF BOSTON TO NOVA SCOTIA AND NEW BRUINSWICK. BEAUTIFUL SHIP!! ENJOY!
Old June 8th, 2003, 12:11 PM
The Scotts

Default Re: Re: Carnival Victory 7 day cruise canada

Come on guys give me more info about the ship and ports of call.

Thanks
Old June 8th, 2003, 04:05 PM
susancruzs

What ports of call do you go to and I'll try to help! I've been to Halifax, St. John, Bar Harbor, Newport, Boston plus Montreal and Quebec so ask away!

Can't help you with the ship though! Check the community section here for reviews of the Victory. Afriend of mine (a very serious cruiser) was on the Victory and loved it!

Also I flew into Newark for my cruise but early. Newark has Super Shuttle service and I booked that online ahead of time.

Definitely be on deck for sailaway, awesome! I've sailed out of New York more than once and it is very exciting!

Susie
Old June 9th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Andrea A

Halifax is a very nice town with a great boardwalk. When we were there, we had lunch at this great little rest. on the boardwalk and then took a whale watching tour from a place called Murphy's on the Water. We had a wonderful time. They also have a lot of Titanic artifacts. When the Carpathia picked up the survivors of the Titanic, they took them to Halifax. There is a museum and cemetary with some of the victims. We did not do that, but I think we may this next time we go there (August). I think it sounds very interesting. In St. John, there didn't seem to be THAT much to do so we rented a car and drove to these caves in St. Martin (I believe that was the name of it). They were great... they also have excursions from the ship that goes there, but we chose to rent a car and do it on our own. It was a great day. Those are the only 2 ports that we went to, but I hope that helps a little.
Old June 9th, 2003, 07:20 AM
suzann

I would fly into Newark Liberty airport (roughly 1/2 to the pier). The Victory is a beautiful ship and you will love it.
Old June 11th, 2003, 06:27 PM
The Scotts

Default Re: Re: Carnival Victory 7 day cruise canada

Thanks to all for the good info.

Ports we will be going to are: Boston Mass, Portland Maine, Sydney & Halifax.

We have booked 8A guan. with baclony. On empress deck as of now, hope for upgrade, but if not the 8A is same one upgrade would be higher deck of course unless we got real lucky and upgraded to 11 or 12. Yeah, Right!!!!

We will be going September 25, 2004 thur October 2, 2004 and I know that the leaves will be changing colors and it will be pretty. Also can't wait to see the "Statue of Lady Liberty".

We have never been to this part of the country so, can't wait to see theNew England area and Canada.

Thanks the Scotts