CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Is anyone cruising in July? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/191145-anyone-cruising-july.html)

Luv2Cruise1019 June 11th, 2003 07:13 AM

Is anyone cruising in July?

Will anybody be taking a cruise in July? If so what date and ship? We will be on the Paradise July 6.

lisagro June 11th, 2003 02:02 PM

Re: Is anyone cruising in July?

Celebration-July 14. I think we are the only ones on the ship. lisa

Luv2Cruise1019 June 11th, 2003 03:10 PM

Re: Re: Is anyone cruising in July?

Dont feel bad im starting to think that we will be the only ones on the paradise that week.
-

KWorley June 11th, 2003 07:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Is anyone cruising in July?

Imagination July 7

tatro June 11th, 2003 07:44 PM

Paradise - July 13th here

Janice June 11th, 2003 10:10 PM

We are on the Conquest, July 6th. Still not sure what port we will be leaving from, Gulfport or New Orleans?

pb June 11th, 2003 10:15 PM

Holiday from NO on July 5. I heard the Conquest will be leaving from Gulfport that weekend. That's what our CC told me when I initially was trying to decide which ship to book. He also said we may even be "parked" next to the Conquest at either Cozumel or Playa del Carmen, depending on the schedules.

cjinla June 12th, 2003 11:55 AM

Destiny - July 13th S.Carribean

TINA June 12th, 2003 01:46 PM

Pride, July 30th

Teresa June 12th, 2003 02:32 PM

Celebration - July 14. Lisa, you won't be the only ones!!!

LAURIE June 12th, 2003 05:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Is anyone cruising in July?

Sensation, July 26

JT June 13th, 2003 03:51 PM

Also cruising on 7/30 with husband and daughter 15 son 12.

And you?

LHP June 13th, 2003 04:00 PM

Holiday July 5th (with PB)

Janice: Check with your TA because "I think" ( I hate it when I have to do that) I read where the July 6th cruise is going to be the one that leaves from Gulfport and returns to New Orleans. If you are driving, that would mean parking at NO and taking the shuttle to Gulfport...so the ship will return you right back to you car.

babcie3 June 13th, 2003 09:11 PM

July 21st, Carnival Victory

Littlegiles June 13th, 2003 11:00 PM

July 13th Inspiration from Tampa. WOOHOO!!!!!

First cruise and I'm way to excited. On top of that I signed a contract on my first house. WOOHOO!!!!

LHP June 14th, 2003 09:31 AM

Janice: This is the article I read. Of course, that may not mean much. ; )

May 30, 2003

Conquest Plans New Orleans Return
Carnival Conquest, which was forced to abruptly swap its New Orleans home port for Gulfport, Mississippi as a result of rising river levels (and a disagreement over power line placement with an energy company) plans to resume Big Easy sailings beginning July 13.

The switch occurs some six weeks later than Carnival’s best-case-scenarios had anticipated because the Mississippi is cresting later than usual – and, indeed, is not intended to reach maximum levels until mid-June. The July 13 date gives Carnival some breathing room. “We’re giving ourselves a couple of weeks as a safety zone, just to be sure,” says spokesman Tim Gallagher. “We only want to make the switch once. It’s a big logistical nightmare for us. And it’s an inconvenience to our guests.”

Despite all initial intentions for Conquest to sail out of New Orleans year-round, a dispute between Carnival and Entergy, the power company, over power lines that hung too low during rainy season for the ship to pass safely under, resulted in a move to Gulfport beginning with the March 9th cruise.

Passengers sailing on Conquest’s July 6th voyage should prepare for a split home port situation, as the ship will leave from Gulfport and return to New Orleans. Gallagher says passengers on that one sailing – who plan to drive to the port – should park in New Orleans and take a free shuttle to Gulfport for embarkation.

At this point no special “welcome back” festivities are planned for Conquest but Gallagher, with evident relief, says that the energy line issue is now moot (Entergy is raising the power lines as a temporary measure and is also working on burying them in the river altogether as a permanent one) and there are no plans to switch Conquest in the future. However, he also makes a point to applaud the effort of Gulfport to accommodate Conquest, reiterating a point he’s consistently made since Conquest had made the relatively sudden switch: “Gulfport was great to work with. There is no doubt that there’s a cruise ship in Gulfport’s future.”

redsoxgirl June 17th, 2003 08:42 PM

Me and my best friend will be sailing on the fascination July 21

TACMS June 21st, 2003 10:16 AM

July 31, Imagination. Anyone else?

Ally_2000 June 22nd, 2003 09:47 PM

Celebration - July 28th! Can't wait!

LadyDymondz3 June 23rd, 2003 09:04 AM

July 26th Carnival Glory!!!!!!

Paul D June 23rd, 2003 11:19 AM

July 20th Paradise

Randa June 23rd, 2003 11:52 AM

Sailing July 6, on the Conquest. We live on the MS Gulf Coast and went to watch the ship sail away yesterday. It got a late start but she is a beauty, and a huge one!!! I also talked to Carnival about the port, and was told several times, that it will leave and return to gulfport. They said it would drop off the passengers and then make it's way to New Orleans. Don't kow how much is true...but?!?

Joey June 23rd, 2003 12:57 PM

I am sailing on the Carnival Triumph on July 12, 2003 anyone sailing on this date??

suzann schneider June 23rd, 2003 01:13 PM

My husband and I will be on the Glory July 14th.

dsneymom June 23rd, 2003 10:33 PM

Destiny, July 27 with 4 kids -- 8, 12, 17 & 18. Any other families???

cdabbs June 25th, 2003 11:46 AM

Conquest July 27th,

Past cruises include:
Imagination -March 1996
Destiny- March 1997
Holiday-Feb 1999
Fascination-October
Holland AMerica Line, Rotterdam July 2002

Taja June 25th, 2003 10:49 PM

Glory Inaugural Cruise July 14-19,
Can't Wait!!!

kelly_girl64 June 26th, 2003 04:40 AM

Sensation July 12 for the whole family ....kids 17,14 and 5.
this will be our first cruise :)

firefighter_09 June 26th, 2003 03:10 PM

Conquest on July 13. I hope everything goes well in the transition from Gulfport. I would just bet we will be leaving port late!!!!

Darla June 27th, 2003 10:18 AM

July 9th from Seward Alaska