Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Passenger

Default Holiday out of NO in September 2003

My husband and I are planning on taking the "Holiday" out of New Orleans September 8th for 5 nights. We can hardly wait! This is our 2nd cruise. Another couple is joining us - their 1st cruise. We are all 50ish and celebrating our wedding anniversaries..

Question #1 - There shouldn't be a lot of kids/teenagers this time of year, right?
Question#2 - Anyone have any suggestions of great things to do without paying for the shipboard excursions? We'll be in Playa del Carmen and Cozumel, each for a day. I read somewhere about someone going ashore and renting a jeep for the day and seeing all kinds of sights on their own. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Le
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Sooshie

Default Re: Holiday out of NO in September 2003

You can rent electric cars in Key west for around $50 for about 4 hours. The island is small enough that you will be able to see just about all the sites in that time.

There is a beach in Cozumel that we discovered last October thanks to a great taxi driver. It's called Nachi Cocom. It has a pool with a jacuzzi and swim up bar. A full service restaurant that will serve you on the beach or you can eat in their open air pavilion. They also have watersports for an additional charge. The best part was that it was free admission (unlike most of the beaches there). If you would like to see some pics and a copy of the brochure you can email me and I'll send you the info.

Hope this helps
Susan

Sooshie1@comcast.net
Old June 11th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Holiday out of NO in September 2003

Thanks, Susan. Click on my name and attach the info. I appreciate any help we can get! (Especially when someone has been there and enjoyed themselves..)

I read somewhere about renting jeeps in Playa del Carmen and going to Tulum, the Mayan ruins, and a number of other places -- wish I could remember where I read it.

Le