Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Back from the Celebration, any questions?

Just got back last week. Had a wonderful time in Cozumel and Calica. Any questions, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Back from the Celebration, any questions?

We're sailing on the Celebration on the 14th of July. Wondering which shore tours you took. We're thinking about the sunset fiesta cruise; sand dollar snorkel in Cozumel, and the tropical jeep tour in Calica. Any suggestions or comments?

Is the ship as beautiful as I've read in the news?

Teresa
Old June 13th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Back from the Celebration, any questions?

The ship looks great. My parents went on this same boat back in September and it really needed updating. They said the carpets and linens really needed changing. The carpets now look great and linens are very nice. There was no vibration at all on the ship. It is kept very clean.
Regarding the shore excursion in Cozumel and Calica, we did our own thing. In Cozumel we left to go to Chankanaad Beach. Took a taxi ($10.00) and got there before any crowds. It cost $10.00 each to get in. The fins, goggles and snorkle cost us $6.00 to rent. The snorkling was great. Many fish. They also have a small swimming area that is real nice. They have food there and drinks (try the "pineapple man") and a wonderful walk throught garden that is the prettest I've ever seen. We left there about 1:00pm and took a taxi to town.($10.00) Shop there for a while and ate at Pancho's Backyard. YUMMY! Walked about 3 blocks away from the strip to buy Vanilla. It cost us 1.82 a liter. Took a cab back to the ship ($10.00) and unloaded and ate dinner. Then we walked back to the pier to Fat Tuesday for the evening. Love that place.
In Calica we took the free Carnival bus to Playa Del Carmen to a little market. Did a little shopping there. Then ended up at Senor Frogs. We did not know at that time that they have many free beaches in town. One right off of Senor Frogs. We would have went swimming had we known that. We took a cab back to the ship ($10.00). Regarding the shopping, we did haggle on the prices and pretty much got what we wanted. Taxi's are everywhere and some do drive a little crazy.
If there are any more questions I can help you with I would be glad to answer them for you. Is this your first cruise? What room are you booked in?
Old June 13th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Back from the Celebration, any questions?

Sounds like you had a great time. It is our first cruise and we are somewhere on the bottom deck about mid-ship. Hope this will be a good location.

I've heard many things about Pancho's Backyard. Plan to try to stop there for lunch or dinner. Also don't want to miss Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel. Heard its a must do.

Thanks for the info. Are you planning to post any pictures?
Old June 13th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Back from the Celebration, any questions?

If I could figure out how to post them I will. Pancho's backyard was recommend by the ship. They purify all their water. I was told that midship is the best place to be. Don't feel much movement and being down lower gives you less noise from the busy floors above that have all the activities.
Old June 13th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Back from the Celebration, any questions?

I knew I wanted to be mid ship, was however a little worried about being down so low. sounds like its a good place to be. I'll keep an eye out for your pictures. If I knew how to post them I'd help.

Thanks for the info.