CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   how often do they change shows/menus on ships? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/191201-how-often-do-they-change-shows-menus-ships.html)

hmb1950 June 16th, 2003 03:27 PM

how often do they change shows/menus on ships?

we plan to go on the Paradise again very soon. I was wondering how often they changed the shows and dinner menus. If i'm going to have to see the same shows and the same menus then i will pick another ship

nushnakka June 16th, 2003 03:37 PM

Re: how often do they change shows/menus on ships?

When was the prior time? I was curious myself as I cruised 4/01, 11/01 and 2/03 and the menus were all the same. Shows were different due to different ships.

Jim Bragg June 16th, 2003 04:07 PM

hmb,
The shows stay with the ships for at least a three year run and usually five or more years. It costs quite a bit to put them together, (to the tune of up to millions I have heard) so changing them often just is not econimically sound. The menus also stick around for quite awhile and are quite common throughout all the cruiselines even though the recipies differ somewhat between lines and even between ships depending on the head chief.
Jim

ArkJudy June 16th, 2003 05:49 PM

Jim is describing our experience. We sailed on Paradise 9/02 and 2/03. The menus were almost the same on both. One of the shows had significantly changed, but the others were the same. Different singers, different comedians. Different shows in the lounges.

Happy cruising!

Jim Bragg June 16th, 2003 08:50 PM

Re: Re: how often do they change shows/menus on ships?

Now understand the shows I am talking about remaining the same are the ships big production shows. The entertainers that they bring on differ all the time.
JIm

char Hempler June 16th, 2003 10:27 PM

There are so many offers of entre's that you could try different things. Instead of eating the same each cruise. Besides it isn't like you are cruising week after week. Eating the same food every week. Just go and enjoy... Char

jamie gunter June 17th, 2003 08:30 PM

They only get new shows about every 8 years. If you are going on the same ship again, you will probally see the same shows. They will have different names for the same show on different ships. We seen a show called BeBop on Imagination, the same show was called Shout on the Paradise. I am not sure about food, we had some different food on our two cruises in the past year.

GLRounds June 18th, 2003 12:58 PM

Re: Re: how often do they change shows/menus on ships?

I was under the understanding that ALL 7 day cruises have the exact same menu. Maybe jostled around to allow for different formal nites, etc., but identical offerings. Is this true, Jim ?

Gary

Jim Bragg June 18th, 2003 01:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: how often do they change shows/menus on ships?

Gary,
Ya know, I'm really not sure. I do know that they are pretty darn close if not exactly the same. The basic recipe is supposed to be the same but the ships individual chef's do have a good deal of imput as to the tweeking of the actual tastes and I have noticed slight differances on some ships.
Jim

Peter June 19th, 2003 07:12 AM

MENUS AND SHOWS CHANGE DAILY! HAPPY CRUISING!