Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Just back from the conquest on 6/15

Hello,

I just returned from my cruise on the Conquest yesterday. The trip was fantastic!! I found this sight to be very helpful before my trip and I just wanted to let others know that I am available for questions if anyone has any.

Paula
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2003, 05:22 PM
FamilyMan

Default Re: Just back from the conquest on 6/15

Hi Paula,
We are cruising the Conquest on 22 June. My wife wants to know what the temperature on the ship is like. She is sensitive to cold; will she need a jacket at dinner or anywhere else on the ship? How were the shore excursions? We can't wait! 6 DAYS
Old June 16th, 2003, 08:37 PM
clem

Default Re: Re: Just back from the conquest on 6/15

Hi Paula,

My family of 4 are going on the Conquest in July. I have tons of questions, but don't want to ask them all--too many!!! I am interested in the ports--anything you can recommend? Also, will the weather only require shorts,etc? Didn't know how cold it gets on deck at night! What 2 nights were formal nights? I have read a lot about the Conquest's constant rocking motion being worse than other ships--is that true? I could go on and on..but I'll stop for now--I appreciate your help--my family is so excited!!!!
Old June 17th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to 1stxcruiser

Hi Paula,

I'm glad you had a great time...that is good to hear. You should write a review then that way a lot of questions could be answered. I would love to read it....we are to set sail in August.

Let me know when you write your review.

Thanks,
Sky
Old June 17th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Art

How strict are they with documentation. Family member has birth certificate but not certified copy.
Old June 17th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Passenger

Absolutely MUST be original or certified copy with raised seal.
Old June 17th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are on the July 6th sailing of the Conquest and would appreciate any info or tips you might have. Did you take any shore excursion? I talked to Carnival today and it looks like the ship will be leaving and returning to Gulfport. I asked about transfers and she said we could either transfer back to the port in New Oreleans or the airport for "free". Does this sound right?
Old June 17th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Just back from the conquest on 6/15

Just sailed on Conquest May 11-18. Best cruise ever!! Ship, food, service, cruise director, everything exceeded our expectations. Would pack my bags and leave tomorrow if possible and hope to do so before long. Usually only sail a ship one time and switch for different atmosphere and decor but like Conquest so well,we can't wait to do it again. We drove to Gulfport but buses are available (free) for transportation to and from the ship. Hope you have as wonderful of trip as we did!!
Old June 18th, 2003, 07:44 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to NDalfrey

Hi guys,
I was on the Conquest last week also, loved every minute.

I can answer some of those questions also.....Formal nights were Monday and Thursday.
As for as the temperature on the ship, I was very comfortable but I saw many people walking around in jackets, most of them bought them from the gift shop, the coldest place on the ship is the Toulouse-Lautrec Lounge, even I was cold in there.
As far as rocking, this was my first cruise so I had nothing to compare it to, but I do know that the last day I felt more motion and the other days.

Hope this helps,
Nancy

Hey Paula!!!