Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Betty Boat

Default Carnival for young only????

Do people in their 60's cruise on Carnival?
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival for young only????

My husband and I are early - mid 50's and we're going in September. (Thought we'd wait till the kids went back to school. hehe)
Old June 16th, 2003, 06:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

Hubby and I are currently 6l/57. Cruised Carnival 12/99 and 12/01 with no problems about 20 somethings. Be carful of time of the year. All sailings of more that 7 days tend to reduce the child/young (drinking) adult problem. Holiday sailings tend to have a lot of kids but with parents, aunts and uncles and grandparents they usually tend to be ok.
Old June 16th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Admiral

Most definately! People from 2 to 92 will probably be onboard. We are in our low 50's and have around 15 CCL cruises now and looking forward to many more.
Jim

Old June 16th, 2003, 09:29 PM
char Hempler

Our group consists of ages.. 52 to 64. We all love carnival. Have a great time on Carnival too. Just because we are getting older doesnt mean we dont like to have fun too. HAHA
Old June 17th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Admiral

You will find lots of older people on Carnival. They cater to all ages.
Old June 17th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Gary Karschnick

I agree that there is a good span of ages, however on a Carnival cruise a couple of years ago, the assistant Maitre'D was overheard to say about us, "They're at the 'old people' table. (We were a group in our 40's and 50's.) We thought it was pretty funny and kidded each other about it for the entire cruise.
Old June 17th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Admiral

My Mother in law, 74, travelled with the rest of my family aboard Sensation in February. There was no shortage of people her age for conversation, company, bridge games, etc. So, have fun--you'll fit right in.

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Old June 17th, 2003, 08:31 AM
susancruzs

Great to hear! I'm going on the Glory in September, my first Carnival cruise but not my first cruise, and I was curious on the age thing! I'm what I call a young 55, probably not in the way I look, but energy and enthusiasm!

I'm really looking forward to my Glory cruise!

Susie
Old June 17th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Angy400

hi,
we just got back from the Inspiration and I was pleasantly surprised how the majority of the people on the ship were families. Saw very few "older people" in comparision.
Angela
Old June 17th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Carnival for young only????

Not only that Susie, we are seriously considering that date as well! I'll bet dollars to donuts, (of course as an ex-cop donuts are very valuable), that you will have a fantastic time especially because I know John, Heidi, Carlos (Q-Tip), and Ralph (Wee Jimmy), will all be onboard.
Jim

Old June 17th, 2003, 11:49 AM
MichelleM

Anytime school is in session there are generally plenty of people in the older age range on-board. Everytime we have sailed there has been a good mix of all ages, enough people in each group to keep people busy and happy.
Old June 17th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm also glad to here this I'm going with a group that ranges from mid 20's to a 92 years old. My husband and I are 47&48. We are a church group of 34, but we can have a good time too!

Carnival Victory
Old June 20th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Carnival is NOT just for the young! I am 53 and have been on 16 carnival cruises.
Old June 24th, 2003, 01:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Carnival for young only????

My husband and I love to cruise and we're in our mid 50's and getting ready to take cruise #30 and we're going on Carnival this summer. We've tried a lot of different cruise lines and this is one of our favorite. We cruised to Hawaii on a 15 day Princess cruise March of this year and you had to be careful not to wake everyone up (on deck, in the library, you name it); and so I think this one will be a lot livlier and more fun. Also we're taking our grandkids and they make life fun. You'll love Carnival; it's for all ages. Happy Cruising.......
Old June 25th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Kar06

My grandpa who was 80 on our Carnival Pride cruise had a ball. He is really bigon taking pictures and using his digital camera. He also enjoyed going on the Galley tour and doing all the Trivia with my family. He went around in all the ports with us, and really had a good time.