Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2003, 12:58 PM
Carol Pullen

Default Do you take lots of pictures?

I received a digital camera for Christmas and am planning to take it with me in October. I was curious as to how many cruisers are picture takers. For years I never took a camera with me or if I did we would fail to get the film developed but the last few cruises, we have taken pictures and it is nice to get them out from time to time to bring back the memories. I probably should try and buy more memory for the camera before going but not sure how much I will need on a 12 day cruise.

Carol
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2003, 01:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Do you take lots of pictures?

We used 11 rolls of film during our 7 day cruise. I always find things to take a picture of , but eleven rolls might be quite alot for some people. I kept my digital at home because I did not want to worry about batteries, etc.
Old June 22nd, 2003, 02:08 PM
Admiral

We took our digital camera on our last cruise in February and took a ton of pics. We bought the biggest card we could find so we could take 100+ pics if need be. The only thing is you have to keep up with the batteries. Luckily our Kodak camera comes with a docking station where we can charge the battery in our cabin. We just took 2 rechargable batteries and switched them. We would charge the batteries at night while sleeping and not using the camera.

We also took our camcorder so we got videos too which I like the videos much better then the pictures. Our next cruise in March 2004 we're doing video more I think and less pictures. But I do need to find a good digital camcorder now!

Old June 22nd, 2003, 09:30 PM
krayziecr

I took 512 digital pics and 3 hours of video on an 8 day cruise
Old June 23rd, 2003, 07:18 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Do you take lots of pictures?

We took a couple hundred digital pics and 7 rolls or regular film on our cruise. Course we also were cruising with our 4 & 7 yr old sons so we wanted to take lots of pics. Remember, the advantage of a digital camera is you can just keep clicking and at the end of the day, delete the pictures you don't want.

Doug

Victory 4/13/03
Old June 23rd, 2003, 07:56 AM
Carol Pullen

Default Re: Re: Re: Do you take lots of pictures?

Wow, over 500 pictures is a lot of photos. Thinking ahead, I am wondering how does one organize that many pictures. Right now I have pictures going back years and years. I have not organized them and am thinking I really need to get them in some sort of order. With digital, do you keep them organized on the computer and print out only
the best of the best? Should I take up scrapbooking? I was looking at a few pictures last night and because they were not dated, I could not tell you where I was when the picture was taken.

Carol
Old June 23rd, 2003, 11:17 AM
Captain

Yes we take a lot of pictures. The most we have taken was 45 rolls of 36 count 25mm pictures on back to back Alaska. We also took 3 video tapes 2 hours each. A light picture taking trip for us would be around 100 pictures and a couple video tapes. We keep the pictures we like the best in albums the others are just stored away or thrown away depending on their quality.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 11:21 AM
char Hempler

We usually take our good camera with 10 rolls of film on a 7 day cruise. Then I take a water camera and at least 3 disposable cameras. That way I dont have to worry about my good camera on excursions. The disposable ones take great pics too. I love to look back on my pics when i get lonely for my next cruise. Great memories!!! Char
Old June 23rd, 2003, 12:39 PM
Admiral

I look back at mine and it makes me want to go again and again and again

Old June 23rd, 2003, 01:40 PM
MARY MARTIN

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you take lots of pictures?

I usually take 6 rolls of film for a 7 day cruise, my video camera, and at least two disposable underwater cameras. I put tape around each film canister and use a sharpie to write which port we were in , so that when I turn the film in to be developed, I know what pictures I took at each port and can write it on the envelope. I then make a scrap book of each cruise. It's alot of fun to scrapbook. I'm not real good at it yet, but I have fun trying.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 02:01 PM
Andrea A

We took TONS of pictures on our digital camera last year and the camera was stolen the very last night on the boat so EVERY ONE of our pictures was gone. If you are going to bring your digital camera, just be extremely careful. I would take some disposable cameras too, just in case. It's the worst feeling knowing that someone saw every one of my wonderful pictures and memories and still chose to take the camera. Some people have no hearts.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Oh Andrea that totally SUCKS.....ruins your cruise and to think someone didn't have the heart to not take it.

Similar thing happened to our 9 yr old daughter in Universal Studios Orlando. She left her disposable camera sitting on a bench and when we realized it we were halfway across the park. Hubby ran over to see if it was still there and it wasn't. Boy did she bawl her eyes out. She had alot of pics on it (well to her 20 pics were alot ). We bought her another one.

Old June 23rd, 2003, 06:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Planning on taking a sony digital with (4) 128 MB memory sticks and a single 32 mb stick. Even on the finest 5.0 megapixel setting I should get 300+ pictures. Counting the days!!!

MARINER OF THE SEAS 10/31/2004
Sensation 4/17/2004
SOS 4/2003
Fantasy 1991 AND 2002
GLORY 8/2003
Old June 23rd, 2003, 06:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

We take a regular 35MM and our newer digital camera and do use them both. Having a digital was the best gift we could of bought ourselves, takes a little while to get used to using, but get some great pics out of it. Then when I develop the 35mm camera I have them sent to be to download, also easy and good pics :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 24th, 2003, 04:21 AM
First Mate

I take digital pictures and download the best to Walmart photo shop. There, I have T-shirts and coffee mugs made up. Best one is a picture of Sensation at anchor off Grand Caymen taken from the tender going ashore. The ship is surrounded by sea and morning sky. On the back the port and date are printed. I'm sure other places can do the same work. Mugs and T-shirts are $12-13.
Old June 24th, 2003, 08:23 AM
Kar06

I take a million pictures whenever I go on vacation, but I definately take the most on cruises, as I love the tropical ones I get while in port. I do take a lot of the ship too, it's just nice to have so many pictures to remember the vacation by.