Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2003, 11:07 AM
BCMOM

Default Guarantee cabin-assigned ALL ready?

We recently booked our upcoming Hawaii Cruise through CruCon (very good deal). We booked a Category 7A guarantee. When we received our confirmation for deposit I noticed that there was no cabin number on the deposit receipt..only the Category 7A. When I called my TA and I told her that I found my cabin using the Kelly Method and found that we are assigned a cabin all ready, she said, that is because when they book guarantees they automatically put you into a cabin to begin with. She said that our cabin assignment will most likely change. Does anyone have any experience with this? My sister booked her cabin with a local TA, same guarantee cabin category 7A, when she tries to find her cabin by the Kelly Method, she gets the lovely..."can't order items for a Guaranteed Cabin Category", thus, no cabin assignment yet? Or would my sister have an assigned cabin and she is just unable to find out what it is right now? Our cabin assignment is a 7A, room 5245 on the Spirit. It is a handicapped room...and is larger than the regular rooms with a larger balcony. We are hoping to keep that cabin. Anyone with any experience on guarantee assignments? More specifically, has anyone ever found out their guarantee room assignment right away, and then found it changed at a later date closer to sailing? Thanks so much for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2003, 09:04 PM
HOSKI

Default Re: Guarantee cabin-assigned ALL ready?

your cabin number is still in question if for no other reason than they may need this cabin. You could still be bumped around if they sale more cabins in the category your number is in.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 10:01 PM
BCMOM

Default Re: Re: Guarantee cabin-assigned ALL ready?

Yes, this is what I am led to believe... Thanks for posting a response!
Old June 24th, 2003, 05:21 PM
sls

Default Re: Guarantee cabin-assigned ALL ready?

What's the "Kelly Method" for finding your room?

sls
Old June 24th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Guarantee cabin-assigned ALL ready?

Maybe like the Kelly Blue Books for cars??

I also booked a guar cabin and am wondering if I'll get my cabin assignment in my docs or do I have to wait til I board? If I wait til I board then how do I fill out those luggage tags they send me?

Old June 24th, 2003, 08:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to YankeesBrat
Default Re: Re: Re: Guarantee cabin-assigned ALL ready?

I was wondering the same thing... both about the Kelly method and the time we get the assignments!

Old June 24th, 2003, 11:43 PM
BCMOM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Guarantee cabin-assigned ALL ready?

You need to know your booking number in order to try the Kelly Method. I found our cabin by using the Kelly Method....try it...just pretend you are ordering some gift to your cabin...go to the Carnival site and under Gifts and Services...type in your booking number and then start typing in different cabin numbers to see if your name comes up with the right one...that is how I found ours. Most others who have booked a guarantee cabin category get the message stating that you cannot order online for a guaranteed cabin category...however, my booking was a guarantee and the message that I rec'd was different..it stated..."Bon Voyage cannot locate your reservation. If you are certain this booking exists, please check what you have typed and try again." If you get this message, chances are you have a cabin and just need to keep plugging in cabin numbers until you find yours. It will come up with your names so that you can go ahead and order a gift, which of course you don't need to do. Start by plugging in the cabin numbers in the category that you have the guarantee in. For example, on the Carnival Spirit...a 7A Guarantee would be all the cabins in the Carnival brochure that are 7A rooms( or the old brochure shows them as 8B's) Deck 5, Upper Deck. It is a tedious job..but kind of fun when you actually find your cabin. It didn't take me too long.