Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2003, 11:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default New Long Beach Carnival Pier

Does anyone know this to be true? I read on some site that one can pre-register or register on board the Queen Mary in Long Beach which opens at 08:00 hrs. This sounds very convienient and all one has to do is clear metal dectectors at 12:30 Hrs
and board the ship. My question is this: Do you have to pay for the tour of the Queen Mary to do this? Do they have a special line to board, or it is not onboard and you don't have to take the tour. I've toured the Queen Mary twice and don't really want or need to again.

Sailing with my wife, best friends and thier kids 11/7/03
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: New Long Beach Carnival Pier

I'm still Waiting for a reply on the Long Beach Pier. I forgot to add: Hello everone and fellow Cruisers. This is my first post and I am looking foward to reading and sometimes replying to all other posts, That is if I have something pertinant to say. This is a great forum.

Carnival Ecstacy

Old June 27th, 2003, 09:25 PM
First Mate

Copied this from another board. Does not appear that one has to take the tour but is optional. Hope it helps you.

The new Long Beach Terminal is really great. I drove my son and his wife there to sail on the Elation. We arrived around 10:00 or so and were told we could walk next door to the Queen Mary and do an early check in. That went really fast, around ten minutes or so. Then as Carnival guests, we were able to tour the Queen Mary for only $6.00 per person (usually around $25.00 per person). That included the Ghosts and Legends Tour. We looked around the Queen Mary for a couple of hours and then they were able to board the Elation around 12:20 or so. By doing the early check in, they bypassed all the people waiting in line and were on the ship within fifteen minutes, after they had their pictures taken. If you can, take advantage of the Queen Mary early check in and the tours. There is a very large parking garage right across from the Queen Mary/Carnival terminal, with plenty of space to park. We dropped off their luggage when we first drove up, and a porter took it to the proper place (don't forget to tip him). After we were done on the Queen Mary, they just got their carry-on luggage out of the car and proceeded to board the Elation. It was a very easy experience.
Old June 28th, 2003, 09:53 AM
TomS

I did this in April. You do NOT have to purchase the tour of the Queen Mary to register there. In fact, if you arrive before noon, they will send you over there anyway. They were fairly efficent, although it is a bit of a hike from where you park to the Queen Mary and back to the terminal.

TomS
Old June 28th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks jedgar and TomS, Your information is deeply appreciated.
PS I Know I messed up my clock. Hopefully I be able to figure it out before I leave, lol.
Old June 29th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: New Long Beach Carnival Pier

Another advantage is that if, like us, you want to travel the day before you cruise, the Queen Mary offers Carnival cruisers special rates. We have booked 3 rooms for Jan 10, 2004, the night before our Pride cruise, for $99 per room. This includes a free self guided tour of Queen Mary and reduced rates on other tours. We get to watch the Pride all morning as well as check in early. Excited already this is our first cruise. Joanne
Old June 30th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Passenger

Having just done the cruise last week - I can verify the early check in, but it doesn't open until 9:00, and NO - you do not have to do the Queen Mary tour. I wrote this in a post above:

We got there at 9:00, parked, surrendered our luggage to the porters, and were the first ones to register for our cruise! (computers were down until 9:15, but when they finally came up it only took us 5 minutes to register and there were only about 6 familys there to check in when we left at 9:20!) We then drove to my mom and dads and dropped off our car, went to brunch and they dropped us off at 12:00. We breezed right onto the ship with our carry ons walking right past the approximately 250 plus people standing in line to register!

I think the Long Beach terminal is the only port to offer early check in, but it is wonderful!
Old July 2nd, 2003, 12:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you everone for your replies.