Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Passenger

Default Anyone with experience driving to New Orleans Terminal?

This will be my sixth cruise but first time driving to the port. I'm looking for any info on parking, what time to get there, baggage procedure, and basically the procedure when driving to the port. Specifically on the baggage, can we carry it on or do we have to check it with a porter and wait for delivery that evening? I have heard that parking is $70 cash and that the terminal parking fills up pretty fast. It will take us about six hours to get there so I'm trying to estimate my home departure time. Any help would be appreciated.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Anyone with experience driving to New Orleans Terminal?

get there early. we got there at 1030am and was on board RCL by 11. we watched as the cars lined up around the corner by 12. the line was so bad cars would finally give up and turn around! it is 70 up front! you can park in the decks or public parking, but some are 20/day! good luck. drive save
Old June 26th, 2003, 10:33 AM
thoth

Getting to the port is easy, just take a left at the Superdome if you are Westbound. It is the last exit before you cross the River. The convention center is facing you when you exit and the ship is behind it. Easy to find!! I arrived at around 11 am and found a parking place right in front on the Inspiration in Aug 2001. Best I remember the price was just under $50 to park for one week. The same time a year earlier, I parked in a pubic garage and cought a convienant shuttle bus to the now defunct Commodore Capri. No problems then either. I turned my bags over to the porters both times and they were delivered to the ship in a timely manner.
Old June 27th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Anyone with experience driving to New Orleans Termin

Thanks for the info guys. This one is birthday surprise for my Hubby who has no clue at all that this is planned. Cabin will be decorated and all. Very excited about this one.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old June 27th, 2003, 10:15 AM
thoth

cdabbs: have a great time