Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2003, 07:10 AM
First Mate

Default Do I need to bring a beach towel?

Hi there, Going on Carnival Paradise in Sept. - first cruise. I know from reading the boards that Carnival provides you with beach towels on a regular basis, but can they be taken off the ship for day trips? I'm wondering whether I need to bring my own beach towel, or if I can use the ship towels for everything. Would be easier packing if I didn't have to bring a beach towel in my suitcase. Thanks for any help you can give.
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Do I need to bring a beach towel?

Yes they can be taken off the ship just be sure to keep track of them as they will charge you $22 per. Personally I would not pack one with me. You will have plenty to pack as it is and you don't need a bulky towel. Happy sailing!
Old July 7th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Passenger

My wife and I brought our own beach towels. We thought it would be better to lose an 10 or 11 dollar towl then a 22 dollar towel. Also it was nice to be able to find our towels in the midst of all blue Carnival towels.

Old July 7th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Towels seemed to be a concern on this board before we left for the June 22 Sailing on The CONQUEST. I did not bother to bring a beach towel.

When I returned to our room one day with a damp beach towel (blue on the Conquest), the stewardess exhanged it for another dry towel while we were at dinner. I thougth I would have to exchange the towel somewhere for another towel, so I was surprised that she replaced the towel. She continued to do this during the entire cruise.

The night before we left the Ship, the beach towels were just placed with the other wet towels.

Bring some inexpensive things (hat, book, etc.) and use one or more of them with a room towel for your lounge chair. We never Reserved a lounge chair unless we were around the deck or pool. I never noticed anyone taking over a lounge chair that someone had somehing on. Use the beach towel only when you are actually at the chair or for the pool. However, still many passengers left their beach towels on the lounge chairs, but I probably won't if you plan to just reserve your lounge chair for an entire day and not stay there. If you have children, just make the kids aware of keeping track of their towels.
Old July 7th, 2003, 03:44 PM
First Mate

Don't bring a beach towel. Plenty of towels are available on the Lido deck for pool use. You can use the towels to wrap yourself and bring these back to the cabin. On port days, nice and fluffy towels will be in your cabin the night before for onshore uses. Just bring them back to your cabin or you will be charged $22.
Old July 7th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

It certainly seems that the towel routine may be different on each Ship. On the Conquest, I never noticed any towel areas on the decks to pick up towels.

Happy Sailing.
Old July 7th, 2003, 07:46 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: Do I need to bring a beach towel?

On the conquest you could get towels like the ones in your room over on the side where there were the windows and tables You had to give your sign and sail card and turn them in at 5 each day. We just brought ours from our room and the room steward gave us clean ones each day. If you leave it on the floor she knows you want a clean one. SAme at my house lol