Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2003, 05:47 PM
Cruise Maniac
Default Checking in at the Sheraton

I've heard on this website that you can check in at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay the morning of the cruise. Does anyone have info on that? My Carnival rep doesn't know anything about that. Thanks for any info! By the way, I got rooms at this hotel through Priceline for $38 per night!! Hopefully will make my life a lot easier on cruise day!
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2003, 08:41 PM
Default Re: Checking in at the Sheraton

We are also booked at the Sheraton (through Priceline), and I've heard that pre-cruise check-in is NOT always available. It depends upon the number of passengers staying at the hotel to make it worthwhile for the cruiseline rep to come to the hotel - or something like that. So it's anyone's guess. If they don't have it available on the morning of my cruise, I just plan on arriving at the dock early enough to avoid lines. Boy Voyage!
Old July 3rd, 2003, 12:05 AM

sunluva...you are exactly correct. I called the hotel & that is what they told me. There is no guarantee that there will be someone there & the hotel does not know ahead of time. It is just the luck of the draw. I am staying there for 3 days prior to my cruise for only $40 through Priceline. Can't wait!
Old July 3rd, 2003, 11:09 AM

When I stayed at the Sheraton in Mid-May, neither the hotel nor Carnival confirmed that there would be early check in, but we hoped that it would happen. I learned that Carnival provides this service if 25 people or more who booked a pre-stay with them are housed at the SBB, and since they have a minimum of two ships out of Miami on Sat and Sun, this usually is not a problem.

Upon checking in at the hotel, I inquired about Carnival and was told to call the front desk at 8:30 AM on the morning of the cruise. I did, and was told that there would be check in from 9-11 AM in the lobby. So, we went for breakfast, stopped by the lobby at about 9:45 and checked in in about 5 minutes with no wait!!!!

It's important to note that if Carnival does have this option available, you will need to complete your paperwork (included with your cruise docs) BEFORE you check in with them.

I've got to admit, it was REALLY nice not to have to stand in line at the Port!!!!