Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2003, 07:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default e-tickets?

I just got my airline tickets for my Jan. flight for my cruise, I know that is far in advance, but I'm on cloud nine! Has anyone used an e-ticket? My last flight was 3 years ago and it was a hard ticket. I'm a more than a little nervous. Delta said I'm in the system and I can even print my own boarding pass. Am I the only one that is anxious or as anyone ever had problems with the new way?

Carnival Victory
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2003, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: e-tickets?

Hi PSM,
Have used e-tickets the last 2 cruises and have had no problem, be sure to check from time to time on your flights, they do something change and also confirm 48 hours before your flight. Also a good idea to carry the Credit CArd you used for them, they did ask to see that last flight. I'm sure you will be fine, someday soon we'll be getting e-docs too :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 2nd, 2003, 08:44 PM
First Mate

Yup yup, LOVE E-tickets. Many of the airlines now have E-ticket terminal check-in that will assign your boarding pass, no waiting in lines. It's great!

Carnival Spirit to Alaska
Old July 2nd, 2003, 09:44 PM
Andee Bram

We've used e-tickets many times without difficulty. The only problems I've heard about are in the unlikely chance that you need to switch airlines because of a cancelled flight. We love going to the airline's web sites 24-30 hours before a flight, seeing a seating chart, and and printing our boarding pass.
Old July 3rd, 2003, 08:47 AM
susancruzs

I was hesitant about e-tickets but now that I've used it, absolutely wonderful!!! I usually fly out of O'Hare, a very busy airport and the e-tickets make the process painless!

Another good point, not that anyone would be this scatter brained, last year I lost a paper ticket! If I'd had an e-ticket wouldn't happen so I had to re-pay and then wait for 3 months for the airline to credit me when they were sure the ticket was really lost.

Susie
Old July 3rd, 2003, 10:52 AM
Admiral

When we flew to Idaho from Florida in 2000 we had e-tickets. Pretty simple, you go w/ID, they look your ticket up in the computer and print out the tickets. No losing them or having to have them when you go. I liked it cause I didn't have to worry if I had the ticket and checking in was simple.

Old July 3rd, 2003, 04:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

My daughter calls me a Worry mommy, but when I printed my tickets they had mine and my husbands name, but my dad's address on them. You see he paid for our tickets with his frequent flyer points.(great dad). When I called Delta to tell them that our driver's licence(photo ID ) will have a different address than the tickets they said not a concern. But I'm afraid I'll be in a panic till we board. Has that happened to anyone? I'll be completely stressed before the cruise!

Carnival Victory
Old July 3rd, 2003, 08:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks everyone!!

Carnival Victory
Old July 16th, 2003, 12:34 PM
CruiseCactus

e-tickets are the way to go especially since the airlines are starting to charge a fee for paper tickets. Be sure to bring the credit card you used to make the reservation and a printout of your e-ticket itinerary to the airport, they ask to see them. Also, if you are checking bags you cannot printout your boarding pass in advance.