Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2003, 08:26 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to dstephany
Default Tour Expenses

Hi All, just got a quick question here for some of you cruising veterns out there. I'm taking a seven day trip at the end of July aboard the Paradise and we're going to be visiting Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Belize.

Now, here is my question. If I wanted to take a tour at each of the ports, roughly how much would I probably end up spending total ? I know it depends on the type of tour I choose but I've seen prices ranging from about 70-80 dollars so I'm figuring close to 400. Does that sound about right to anyone ??

Thanks!
Doug
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2003, 08:54 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Tour Expenses

I would plan on anywhere from $40 to $80 for each tour and per person. Like you said price varies depending on the type and length of excursion.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old July 3rd, 2003, 09:00 AM
anita kennedy

Doug you are right about the range. However the guys did fishing (I think somebody scheduled this on their own and it was $140 a person, caught one fish, water was rough) That was in Cozumel. Caught 1 fish. I would schedule my excursions later rather than early as you never know what can happen (like a trip to the infirmary) and not be able to go and canceling is pratically non-existant. Wish there was someway we could have offered it to somebody else free rather than waste it.
Old July 3rd, 2003, 10:59 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Tour Expenses

Doug,
It depends on what type of excursions and whether you book thru the ship or not. If you book them thru Carnival, they will go on your sign & sail card and probably cost more. In Cozumel, we rented a car for the day $55 and went to a public beach (Mr. Sanchos) so our only other cost was food. In Grand Cayman we did the stingrays thru Captain Marvins and it was $108 for a family of 4. Didn't hit the other 2 ports. Thus, it all depends on your taste.

Doug

Victory 4/13/03
Old July 3rd, 2003, 12:33 PM
scottd

My wife and I took the same cruise in March. I would suggest no booked excursion on Roatan, just take a taxi to the other side of the Island for snorkling or shopping. Roatan West End is primative but beautiful, we wish we had more time there. In Belize we booked a cave tubing excursion with Reggie for about 75% of the Carnival price. We used Capt. Marvin for Stingrays and snorkling on Grand Cayman (about 15 people on our boat compared to 200+ on the ships tour) and just used taxis to get to downtown Coz and out to Chaaknab marine park (total cost about $32). Have a great time.
Old July 4th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Admiral

About $300pp is close depending oin what you actually do. Like some posters have said, some tours are well over $100pp and some as cheap as $30pp. As for how much you can save doing it on your own....depends. First I do not recommend doing it on your own if you are a first time cruiser or not totally comfortable being on your own in a foreign country. You can save money but it can also cost you if something goes wrong. While most private tours are okay and some even very good, you are still very much on your own. I do need to correct some statements though, Reggie is not 75% of the CCL tours. He is good and gets lots of great reviews but it is more like 15% off the CCL tour and I don;t know if Reggie's tour offers a lunch at a resturant on the way back. Also the ships tours in GC is typically onboard a boat that has 20-50 people. I have done it twice and had as few as 12 and as many as 50 on our tour.
Jim

Old July 4th, 2003, 10:24 PM
scottd

didn't say 75%off, said 75% of Carnival's price, big difference. Sorry to pick nits but I hate to be misquoted