Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2003, 12:50 PM
Captain

Default Capt. Marvins ????

How do you book Capt. Marvins in the Caymans......if not thru the ship will we still be sure to get to go. What if he's filled up and we missed the ships one too?
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2003, 02:03 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Capt. Marvins ????

We booked our reservations through their web site and received a confirmation within an hour or so. As long as you know the date and the time you want to go that should be enough. They do require you to give them a credit card to hold the reservation. My understanding is that it will cost more if you book it through the ship. Check out their website and all your answers should be there.
Old July 3rd, 2003, 02:30 PM
Admiral

They have a web site to book reservations

The advantage to booking with the ship is if you arrive late or if the ships tenders can't land in the Caymens, then you would not get charged. You can of course inquire of Capt Marvin what his policy is.
Old July 3rd, 2003, 07:47 PM
WarrenM

We booked through their website; They require a credit card to book, but if you do not make it they do not charge you. We loved it. When you get their, you can pay cash or charge it to the card you used originally. We were overcharged (I believe accidently) and when I got home I called them. They immediately credited our card, no problem. Just keep your booking number. You will Love the trip. Three stops for their price is unbeatable. We booked the 10:45 trip, and had plenty of time to get an early tender and get to his shop, about a ten minute walk from the dock. Have fun!!!
Old July 6th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Captain

Great....thanks for the info.....will book now Happy Crusin' to ALL
Old July 7th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

WE took a 12:45 p.m. Stingray Sandbar Tour with Carnival on THE CONQUEST during the June 22 Sailing. Just so you know, the cost was $45 per person. We

We took t a 15 minute bus ride to the boat which took us to the Sandbar. Unfortunately, we only had about 35 minutes in the Water with the Stingrays as we were told Carnival wanted us back. Carnival did not confirm this when I was annoyed that I felt we did not have enough time in the water. The entire excursion was only listed for 2 1/2 hours and we probably only had 2 1/4 hours.

Don't take a late Stingray Tour unless you do it with Carnival. As I recall, the last tender back to the Ship was 3 p.m.. Be careful of the time your Ship leaves Port before signing up for a non Canrival Tour.

We got caught in a downpour while on the boat to the sandbar. All our clothes (covering the bathing suits) got wet and so did many of our towels. I suggest you take a waterproof bag and keep your towels in it. Our boat only held about 30 or so people. I really did not notice larger boats.

Get yourself an underwater camera for the tour. Underwater cameras were sold as we left the Ship in Grand Cayman and on the boat to the Stingrays. The cost in both places was about $15. Even though I knew I should have purchased an underwater camera for about $10 before the cruise, I bought a camera as we left the Ship.