Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default just back from the Pride mexican riviera, not really

We just got back from our mexican riviera cruise, well not really the riviera, we went to catalina, and ensanada, and San Fransico for 2 days,due to two hurricains MAN some people were really upset about the itinerey change but not me, we got a $300. dollar shipboard credit and 1/2 off our next cruise, we smiled all the way cause we will still get to go to mexico, sometime when they are not having so many hurricains, sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge was awesome, we got a front row seat to fleet week, with the blue angle as well as all sorts of other acrobate flyers the veiw from the ship could not be beat.
the ship itself is a really beautiful ship I was really pleased with so many things on this ship, the mermaid grill was the best layout of any buffet I have ever seen on a ship,so many choices of so many different kinds of food, one warning the sushi was the worst we ever had, shoul not even be called sushi stay away... that was really my only complaint about the food, other than more choices for breakfast would be great.everything else was sooo good our waiter DaDa was wonderful and so funny, his service left nothing to be desired.
our cabin was on the 5th deck on the stern of the ship, extended balcony( if this was extended I would hate to see a regular one), but we did enjoy evey inch of the extra space, our steward was good, but thats about it, he did not seem too happy, so we gave him the day off from our room several days, these guys work really hard and we really dont make that big of messes, hopfully we cheered him up a little.
the room has alot of space and plenty of storage, and one electrical outlet for the whole room, thank goodness we brought a power strip, the bathroom also was roomy and lots of shelves to keep all your toiletries.
we only saw 3 shows all we saw were good, mostly we like the comedians and we are not too big into follies type shows, so we only watch those kind of shows we like.
we gambled we LOST.
we never had trouble getting a chair by the pool, there are at ;east 3 or 4 to choose from,the spas mostly had kids splashing around in them, nothing new about that. the slide looked really fun, but I never ever saw it open and being used??? why
the shower in the spa is not to be missed, 5 jets pointed at you from 5 different directions ooh ahhh I used it just cause, but this would be a really helpful thing to know about if you have lots of people in a cabin all trying to get ready at the same time, its a ton better than the shower in your room,& its free
steve was our cruise director and he was fine, kinda just a guy, he did not really stand out on this cruise like some of our other CD, but he was not bad either, just OK
I'll try and answer any questions, we had a great vacation and can't wait till the next one!
havin fun jo
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: just back from the Pride mexican riviera, not really

Jo, we head out on the Spirit from San Diego Oct 24th to Acapulco, and are somewhat concerned we may get our itinirary switched due to thunderstorms in 2 of the 3 ports. Was just curioius -- was the $300 credit per person or per couple?

Harry
Old October 15th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

per stateroom, and 1/2 off our next cruise, for us it was not a problem at all, some people where sooo mad, really mexico is not all that much fun in a hurricain, if you do get to acapulco try the jet boat ride, it was sooo fun, you'll have fun no matter where you go
see ya
jo
Old October 15th, 2003, 11:18 PM
NicoleM

WHEN DID YOU FIND OUT YOUR ITINEREY WAS CHANGE? DID YOU FIND OUT IN ADVANCE OR WHEN YOU GOT THERE....OR DID IT SAIL OUT OF SAN FRANSICO INSTED OG LONG BEACH? I AM GOING ON THE PRIDE, BUT NOT UNTILL JANUARY, I HOPE IT WILL CALM DOWN BY THEN.
Old October 21st, 2003, 03:07 PM
Angel

Hello, Do you have any idea when hurricane season ends?
We are sailing in November. Any insight would be appriciated.
Thanks, Angel